Bollywood prays for Rajnikanth’s quick recoveryMay 20th, 2011 - 2:21 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 20 (IANS) Bollywood celebrities like Dharmendra, Priyanka Chopra and Arshad Warsi wish a speedy recovery to Tamil superstar Rajnikanth, who is admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of a Chennai hospital.
Rajnikanth, admitted in the ICU of the Sri Ramachandra Medical Centre here, is improving after advanced treatment, including hemodialysis, according to doctors attending on him.
The matinee idol was admitted to the hospital for recurrent respiratory infection and gastro-intestinal problems May 13 and was shifted to the intensive care unit (ICU) Wednesday to improve his breathing pattern.
Veteran actor Dharmendra, who spoke to him a few days back, is worried about his health.
“I am very upset with Rajini’s health. We all should pray for his quick recovery. I spoke to him about six days back. He said ‘I am fine Paji’. I am worried about his health,” said the 75-year-old actor.
This is the third time in over three weeks that the matinee idol has been admitted to a hospital. He was admitted to St. Isabel Hospital April 29 after a bout of vomiting, and was discharged the same evening. On May 5, he was again admitted to the ICU of St. Isabel Hospital after allergic bronchitis and fever.
Bobby Deol: I hope he gets well soon. We all love him. Not just an actor, he is a great human being. That’s why everyone loves him and everyone is praying for his quick recovery. I am very sure he will get well soon.
Priyanka Chopra: I wish him a better health.
Arshad Warsi: I think he is god to all actors and I hope he gets better. Industry needs him, the whole country needs him and we love him a lot.
Riteish Deshmukh: We love Rajni sir and I wish him best of health. Hope he gets better as soon as possible. I am praying to god.
Ashish Choudhury: His wife has given a statement that he is absolutely fine and we all should think positive about his health.
Javed Jaffrey: First thing that comes to mind about Rajiniji is that he is a fantastic human being. He has taken the style quotient to a different height. We all pray for his quick recovery.
- Amitabh, Dev Anand pray for Rajnikanth's health - May 19, 2011
- Rajnikanth undergoes dialysis, recovering (Lead) - May 19, 2011
- Rajnikanth progressing well in hospital - May 15, 2011
- Rajnikanth going to Singapore for treatment - May 27, 2011
- Rajinikanth thanks fans for prayers - Jun 18, 2011
- Rajnikanth responding well in ICU - May 19, 2011
- Rajinikanth now improving - May 21, 2011
- Rajnikanth falls ill, briefly hospitalised (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Rajnikanth is taken ill, hospitalised - Apr 29, 2011
- Modi, Naidu call on Rajnikanth - May 16, 2011
- Rajinikanth condition stable - May 05, 2011
- Rajinikanth to be in ICU for some more time - May 22, 2011
- Rajinikanth going to Singapore for treatment (Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Jackie makes cameo appearance in Rajini film - Feb 03, 2012
- Rajinikanth returns from Singapore - Jul 14, 2011
Tags: actor dharmendra, allergic bronchitis, arshad warsi, ashish, bobby deol, bollywood celebrities, breathing pattern, dharmendra, gastro intestinal problems, intensive care unit, matinee idol, praying to god, priyanka chopra, rajni, rajnikanth, respiratory infection, riteish deshmukh, speedy recovery, sri ramachandra, veteran actor