Bollywood pays tribute ot Ashok MehtaAugust 15th, 2012 - 6:23 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 15 (IANS) From Shekhar Kapur to Madhur Bhandarkar - film fraternity members have mourned cinematographer Ashok Mehta’s demise and remembered him as the most “outstanding”, “incredible” and “greatest” director of photography.
After acclaimed fashion photographer Prabuddha Dasgupta’s death Sunday, Mehta’s demise is seen as a big loss for the filmdom.
Mehta was suffering from advanced lung cancer and breathed his last at a hospital here Wednesday afternoon. He made his contribution to movies like “Bandit Queen”, “36 Chowringhee Lane” and “Utsav”. He was 65.
This is what celebrities have to say about the ace cinematographer:
Shekhar Kapur: RIP Ashok Mehta DOP (Director of Photography) who taught me that my instincts were good, but only as good as my courage to follow them through. India’s Greatest DOP. Sorry we never worked after ‘Bandit Queen’. Thank you for teaching me to be fearless in cinema.
Pooja Bedi: Last week Prabuddho (Prabhuddha Dasgupta) who shot my ‘Kama Sutra’ print campaign passed away and now the man who shot the TV advertisement for Kamasutra! RIP Ashok Mehta! An outstanding D.O.P.
Sanjay Suri: First Gautam Rajadhakshya, Prabhuddha Dasgupta and now Ashok Mehta. What a loss! Men who made our world of visual art richer.
Madhur Bhandarkar: Sad to hear about demise of the cinematographer Ashok Mehta who changed the vision of Indian cinema. RIP.
Sophie Choudry: RIP Ashok Mehta. Such an amazing man with a real love for life and an incredible technician. Was an honour to work with him in “I See You”.
Ken Ghosh: Really saddened by the news of the death of Ashok Mehta - The man I learnt so much from, my guru.
Dia Mirza: This man was a real Tiger! He would roar the word “Bachche”! Kind soul. Ace DOP. Ace Family man. Ace Friend. Ace Countryman. RIP Ashok Mehta.
Arshad Warsi: A man full of life who I love and respect has passed away. My favourite DOP Ashok Mehta… May his soul rest in peace.
Maria Goretti: RIP. Ashok Mehta, everything we saw through your eyes was not just beautiful, but had meaning and depth.
Tisca Chopra: Ashok Mehta, friend who shared a love of the Persian language and inspiring human…miss you. Wherever you are will be lovelier because you are there.
Anurag Kashyap: RIP Chachu .. the nicest man I knew in Mumbai… ever inspiring and ever giving.
- 'Gautam Rajadhyaksha was a pioneer in glamour photography' - Sep 13, 2011
- I was lucky to have worked with Ashok Mehta: Anil Kapoor - Aug 16, 2012
- Subhash Ghai to organise tribute for Ashok Mehta - Aug 22, 2012
- Pandit Joshi's music will ring forever in our hearts: Bollywood - Jan 24, 2011
- Mona Kapoor passes away, B-town mourns - Mar 25, 2012
- Rest in peace Prabuddha dada, says fashion world - Aug 13, 2012
- Jagjit Singh brought soul to film songs, says Bollywood - Oct 10, 2011
- B-wood mourns Dara Singh's death - Jul 12, 2012
- Bollywood mourns death of filmmaker Raj Kanwar - Feb 03, 2012
- Shreyas shoots for item number with Chitrangada (Movie Snippets) - Nov 13, 2011
- Cinematographer Ashok Mehta dead - Aug 15, 2012
- Bollywood shocked by scribe's murder - Jun 12, 2011
- Cinematographer Ashok Mehta cremated - Aug 17, 2012
- Shameful that Husain couldn't be in homeland: Twitterati - Jun 09, 2011
- Bollywood mourns Tiger Pataudi's death - Sep 22, 2011
Tags: arshad warsi, ashok, bandit queen, dia mirza, director of photography, fashion photographer, filmdom, fraternity members, indian cinema, kind soul, maria goretti, meht, mehta, pooja bedi, sanjay suri, shekhar kapur, sophie choudry, soul rest, tv advertisement, utsav