Bollywood open to everybody: MalaikaJune 20th, 2012 - 5:25 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 20 (IANS) Model-turned-actress Malaika Arora Khan says Bollywood is open to artists from all across the world and everybody is welcome.
“Whether Indian girls or foreigners, I don’t know what is the difference. They all are artists, whether you are from here, whether you are from Taiwan, whether you are from wherever in the world, I think this industry is open to everybody. This place is for everyone, so everyone is welcome to be here to perform and be a part of the industry,” she said.
The actress who has some of the best item songs to her credit like “Munni Badnam” and “Anarkali disco chali”, says she likes other item songs too.
“Some really cool songs have been out in the recent past. I like (Kareena Kapoor’s) ‘Chhammak Chhallo’ very much. I like (Katrina Kaif’s) ‘Chikni Chameli’. I think these are really cool,” the 39-year-old said here Tuesday when she was asked about her favourite item songs.
Malaika was at the Four Season Hotel here to launch the Taiwan Excellence Campaign 2012.
Meanwhile, she revealed that the music of her home production “Dabangg 2″ is still in the pipeline and she has not decided whether she would do an item number in it.
“We are in the process of shooting the film. But what we want to do for the songs, that is still in the pipeline. Nothing is decided.”
Malaika was last seen in the item song “Anarkali” in “Housefull 2″.
- Time now to groove on Bollywood's hot item songs - Jul 14, 2012
- Malaika hopes budget will improve living conditions - Mar 13, 2012
- Sonam mum on film with Dhanush (Movie Snippets) - Mar 24, 2012
- Rakhi Sawant says Katrina follows her dance moves - Dec 19, 2011
- TV is my first love: Malaika Arora Khan - Sep 18, 2012
- Why is Katrina 'Chikni Chameli'? - Dec 22, 2011
- Only Katrina could have been 'Chikni chameli': Ganesh Acharya - Dec 30, 2011
- 'There can't be another Rakhi Sawant' (movie Snippets) - Dec 20, 2011
- 'Anarkali disco chali' puts pressure on Malaika, Farah - Feb 13, 2012
- Itsy-bitsy cholis spice up Bollywood (Feature) - Dec 03, 2011
- Juhi Parmar wins 'Bigg Boss 5', takes home Rs.1 crore (Lead) - Jan 08, 2012
- Now a film based on Osho's ideology (Movie Snippets) - Mar 26, 2012
- Move over 'Sheila', 'Chikni chameli' is here - Dec 24, 2011
- 'Chikni Chameli' was not my style: Katrina - Dec 26, 2011
- David Dhawan proud of Katrina's 'Chikhni chameli' - Jan 27, 2012