Bollywood mourns Tiger Pataudi’s deathSeptember 22nd, 2011 - 9:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 22 (IANS) “Legend”, “great captain”, “style icon”, “gentleman” — that’s how the Bollywood brigade remembered former Indian cricket captain Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi on receiving news of the 70-year-old’s demise.
Amitabh Bachchan posted on Twitter: Sad news .. Tiger Pataudi passes away..!!
Filmmaker Nagesh Kukunoor described him as a style icon.
“Just heard about the news. Other than the obvious that he was a great cricketer, I feel he was a style icon of that time. He had a regal personality. My condolences go to Saif for sure,” he said.
Ad filmmaker-turned-lyricist Prasoon Joshi termed it a “big loss”.
“I briefly met him, but have been very close to Sharmila-ji for a long time now. It is a big loss, I am very shocked by the news…May god bless the family,” Joshi, who is currently in the capital, told IANS.
Reactions on Twitter, expectedly, followed suit.
Shekhar Kapur: Deepest condolences 2 Sharmila, Saif, Soha n Saba, Tiger Pataudi will b missed, one of d biggest icons of my generation, why so early?
Tiger has left us. 1 of d most courageous cricketers d world has known, who took on d fastest bowlers in d world after losing 1 eye.
Madhur Bhandarkar: Sad to hear that Tiger Pataudi is no more… An era ends…
Neha Dhupia: Very Sad to hear about the demise of tiger Pataudi … RIP.
Shreya Ghoshal: Former cricketer Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi passes away. R.I.P.
Riteish Deshmukh: True Cricketing LEGEND passes away.
Vishal Dadlani: Tiger Pataudi. A Legend in the true sense of the word. RIP, Sir.
Boman Irani: MAK Pataudi passes away! RIP
Rahul Bose: Distraught to hear about Tiger Pataudi’s demise. He was a great captain, player, gentleman & my coach for a summer. Will never forget him.
Arbaaz Khan: RIP Tiger Pataudi. One of the India’s finest captains.
Dia Mirza: So saddened… Tiger Pataudi RIP. We will never forget your contribution and charisma. God grant his family strength.
Siddharth: One of the greatest people I have ever had the good fortune of knowing passed away today. goodbye and RIP, the great ‘Tiger’ Pataudi.
Satish Kaushik: RIP Tiger Pataudi…India finest captains, great cricketer..cricket fans will always remember him.
- Tiger gave Indian cricket 'rockstar' image: Big B - Sep 23, 2011
- Sharmila-Pataudi made perfect couple, say designers - Sep 23, 2011
- Gulzar misses his Mansur, the true patriot - Sep 24, 2011
- SRK remembers Pataudi as friend's friend - Sep 23, 2011
- Pakistan cricket mourns Pataudi's death - Sep 23, 2011
- Master of style Tiger Pataudi is dead - Sep 22, 2011
- Saif annointed 10th Nawab of Pataudi - Oct 31, 2011
- My father would've been touched, says Saif - Sep 23, 2011
- Tiger played with straight bat on and off the field (Obituary) - Sep 22, 2011
- Mike Brearley, Ted Dexter, Ian Chappell for Pataudi Memorial Lecture - Dec 28, 2011
- Bollywood mourns death of filmmaker Raj Kanwar - Feb 03, 2012
- Saif, Sharmila in Bhopal to interact with people - Apr 08, 2012
- Pataudi's funeral at family burial ground - Sep 23, 2011
- Amid chaos of mourners, Pataudi laid to rest - Sep 23, 2011
- Being a nawab is huge responsibility: Saif - Nov 02, 2011
Tags: ali khan, amitabh bachchan, arbaaz khan, boman irani, cricket captain, cricketer, cricketing, deepest condolences, dia mirza, family strength, fastest bowlers, indian cricket, mansur ali khan pataudi, nagesh kukunoor, neha dhupia, rahul bose, riteish deshmukh, shekhar kapur, style icon, tiger pataudi