Bollywood mourns Satyadev Dubey’s demiseDecember 25th, 2011 - 5:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 25 (IANS) Bollywood celebrities tweeted Sunday, remembering renowned theatre personality Satyadev Dubey as an “icon” and termed his death a “huge loss” to the theatre fraternity.
Shabana Azmi: “Theatre stalwart Satyadev Dubey passed away. Its been a terrible year for artists. He was a giant of theatre.”
Mahesh Bhatt: “Satyadev Dubey, the icon of the theatre world has passed away! Fond memories of our days of wandering invade me. Alvida Dubeyji! Love.”
Ken Ghosh: “Sad to hear of Satyadev Dubey’s demise. He had very kindly conducted an acting workshop with the all new cast of ‘Ishq Vishk’.”
Madhur Bhandarkar: “A brilliant theatre actor and extraordinary screenplay writer, Satydev Dubey’s demise is a huge loss to the industry. RIP!”
Neha Dhupia: “Saddened to hear of Dubeyji’s demise. Will miss him. RIP.”
Ranvir Shorey: “Saddened to hear of Dubeyji’s demise. Will miss him. RIP.”
Anupam Kher: The Giant of Hindi Theatre Satyadev Dubey is no more. He was ruthlessly brilliant in his commitment to theatre. Great loss. RIP.
Born in Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh, Dubey moved to Mumbai with a dream of becoming a cricketer. However, he ended up joining a theatre group headed by Ebrahim Alkazi. Soon Alkazi left for Delhi to head the National School of Drama (NSD) and Dubey took over his theatre group.
Dubey had slipped into a coma after suffering a massive epileptic attack, and was in hospital since September. He passed away Sunday, at the age of 75.
Some of his noted plays are “Yayati”, “Hayavadana”, “Badal Sarkar”, “Aur Tota Bola”, “Aadhe Adhure”, “Khamosh! Adalat Jaari Hai” and “A Raincoat For All Occasions”.
- Satyadev Dubey was passionate about his craft: Big B - Dec 26, 2011
- Satyadev Dubey's theatre brought fierce Indianness to stage (Obituary) - Dec 25, 2011
- Theatre veteran Satyadev Dubey passes away (Second Lead) (With Image) - Dec 25, 2011
- Friends, fans mourn death of 'revolutionary' Dubey - Dec 25, 2011
- Bollywood mourns Tiger Pataudi's death - Sep 22, 2011
- Rest in peace Prabuddha dada, says fashion world - Aug 13, 2012
- Theatre veteran Satyadev Dubey dies (Lead) - Dec 25, 2011
- Bollywood remembers 'immortal' Mehdi Hassan - Jun 13, 2012
- Bollywood pays tribute ot Ashok Mehta - Aug 15, 2012
- Bollywood mourns death of filmmaker Raj Kanwar - Feb 03, 2012
- Mona Kapoor passes away, B-town mourns - Mar 25, 2012
- Bollywood mourns death of Azharuddin's son - Sep 16, 2011
- Shameful that Husain couldn't be in homeland: Twitterati - Jun 09, 2011
- Hazarika's death big loss for music industry: Bollywood - Nov 05, 2011
- Pandit Joshi's music will ring forever in our hearts: Bollywood - Jan 24, 2011
Tags: anupam kher, bollywood celebrities, cricketer, demise, dubey, epileptic attack, fond memories, hindi theatre, khamosh, madhur bhandarkar, national school of drama, neha dhupia, nsd, raincoat, sarkar, screenplay writer, shabana azmi, terrible year, theatre actor, theatre group