Bollywood lovebirds make appearance at IIFA (IIFA Diary)June 12th, 2009 - 12:43 pm ICT by IANS
Macau, June 12 (IANS) Whether it is 63-year-old Kabir Bedi or Riteish Deshmukh, who is almost half the latter’s age, Bollywood’s unmarried men were spotted with their girlfriends at the ongoing International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) weekend here.
While Kabir Bedi walked in on the first day’s green carpet hand in hand with his much-younger girlfrend Parveen Dusanj, Riteish descended with his rumoured girlfriend Genelia D’Souza.
Even former Miss World Lara Dutta, who looked stunning in a black heavily sequined top with trousers, walked in with actor boyfriend Dino Morea and stole away the limelight with her poise and enigma.
IIFA, an annual event that promises to take Indian cinema beyond Indian shores, kickstarted here Thursday and will end Saturday with the award ceremony.
Sushmita Sen hopes for an award next year
Former beauty queen-turned-actress Sushmita Sen’s dormant film career has left her with no option but to simply hope for an award every subsequent year.
“Unfortunately I am not getting any award this time. But I will be back with my other films next time. This time I will just give away the awards,” Sushmita told reporters here.
Sushmita is here to promote her forthcoming comedy film “Do Knot Disturb”, which also stars Govinda, Riteish and Lara.
“I am promoting my film heavily. That’s what I am here for. We are also performing at the IIFA,” she said.
Is Neil Nitin Mukesh really an Indian?
Bollywood actor Neil Nitin Mukesh sent international mediapersons at the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) into a tizzy with his good looks.
“Is he really Indian? Maybe he is of mixed origin,” a Macau-based male journalist who writes for an English daily asked IANS.
Another journalist Claudia, who writes for a Portuguese paper here, said: “He looks amazing. Actually quite a few of the Indian actresses like Sushmita Sen, Lara Dutta and Anushka Sharma also look good.”
- Blackjack, roulette, poker - Bollywood stars go for it in Macau - Jun 12, 2009
- Men in black, beauties in gowns ruled IIFA green carpet - Jun 06, 2010
- Neil Learns To Handle A Joke - Jun 08, 2010
- 'David' is incredible: Neil Nitin Mukesh - Aug 18, 2012
- Lara, Mahesh get blessings galore for baby - Jan 20, 2012
- Lara Dutta to co-host IIFA awards - May 29, 2010
- Movie promotions like election yatras, says SRK (Movie Snippets) - Dec 15, 2011
- Lara Dutta starts voice blogging - May 30, 2010
- 'Jaadu Ki Jhaapi' from B-Town on New Year's day - Jan 01, 2012
- Bollywood biggies give Hilton bash a miss - Sep 25, 2011
- Bollywood beauties skip IIFA charity cricket match - Jun 04, 2010
- Lara and Riteish visit Sri Lankan architect's house (IIFA Diary) - Jun 06, 2010
- 'Dabangg 2' will have Christmas release (Movie Snippets) - Aug 06, 2012
- Lara Dutta attends IIFA extravaganza with Mahesh Bhupati (IIFA Diary) - Jun 04, 2010
- Bollywood floods Riteish with B'day wishes - Dec 17, 2011
Tags: anushka, beauty queen, bollywood actor, comedy film, dino morea, film academy, film career, genelia, genelia d souza, girlfrend, indian actresses, indian bollywood, indian cinema, indian film, kabir bedi, lara dutta, riteish deshmukh, sequined top, sushmita sen, unmarried men