Bollywood ladies bless Ash at grand baby showerOctober 19th, 2011 - 1:49 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 19 (IANS) Actors like Saira Banu, Asha Parekh and Dimple Kapadia, as well as designers like Neeta Lulla and Shaina NC made a beeline at the Bachchan household Jalsa here Tuesday for the grand baby shower of Aishwarya Rai.
The Bandra house was decorated with flowers, and was packed with people in the afternoon.
Aishwarya is said to have worn an orange-coloured Indian ensemble for the occasion. If guests are to be believed, she looked ethereal, with the glow of any mother-to-be on her face. The actress, married to Abhishek Bachchan, is eight months pregnant.
“Aishwarya was looking like a ‘chand ka tukda’. She was looking beautiful. We wish Abhishek and Aishwarya all the best,” Saira Banu, who gifted Aishwarya a gold coin, told a news channel.
Choreographer Saroj Khan, who has made Aishwarya dance on songs like “Nimbooda”, “Taal se taal mila” and “Barso re”, shared some scenes from the Bachchan household.
“I have never seen so many celebrity women together. All the women went up to Aishwarya and blessed her. Jayaji received each guest personally and was very warm. Even her daughter, Shweta, gave personal attention to everyone. There were a lot of songs and celebration,” said Khan.
The veteran choreographer wasn’t just praises for Aishwarya alone, but also for Abhishek, who wore a white sherwani style kurta.
“Aishwarya looked pretty in orange. Her face had such a glow. She was decorated with mogra flowers. Even Abhishek looked extremely happy. God bless them both and may the child have a long life,” she added.
Make-up artist Mickey Contractor helped Aishwarya get ready for the special day.
Other guests included Urmila Matondkar, Twinkle Khanna, Sonali Bendre, Manyata Dutt, Ritu Nanda, Neetu Kapoor, Neelam Kothari, Mana Shetty, Vaibhavi Merchant, Poonam Sinha, designer duo Abu Jani-Sandeep Khosla and Karan Johar, among others.
Aishwarya’s father-in-law, megastar Amitabh Bachchan, had revealed the news of her pregnancy through his Twitter account in June. The baby is due mid-November.
- Abhishek thanks fans for wishing Ash on baby shower - Oct 19, 2011
- Esha Deol, Bharat Takhtani tie the knot - Jun 29, 2012
- Esha Deol, Bharat Takhtani tie the knot (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- No breaking news of Ash's baby, skeleton coverage on TV - Nov 16, 2011
- Abhi-Ash, Malaika dazzle on Oscar red carpet - Feb 28, 2011
- Big B turns 'chauffer' for Oprah Winfrey - Jan 17, 2012
- Nine-year-old fan inspires Abhishek Bachchan - Jan 20, 2011
- Salman congratulates Abhi-Ash on pregnancy - Jun 23, 2011
- Put off award function, Ash asks France after Mumbai blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- Bollywood glitterati gives Winfrey warm welcome in Mumbai - Jan 17, 2012
- Ash winks, blows kisses at hubby at Couture Week opening - Oct 07, 2010
- Oprah drapes sari to meet Ash, Beti B - Jan 16, 2012
- Abhi-Ash joyous at India's World Cup victory (Lead) - Apr 03, 2011
- Dilip sahab greatest gift of my life: Saira Banu - Aug 23, 2012
- Big B seeks late parents' blessings for 'ninth' Bachchan - Nov 17, 2011
Tags: abhishek bachchan, abu jani, aishwarya rai, amitabh bachchan, asha parekh, celebrity women, dimple kapadia, grand baby, johar, mickey contractor, neeta lulla, ritu nanda, saira banu, sandeep khosla, saroj khan, shaina nc, sonali bendre, taal se taal, twinkle khanna, urmila matondkar