Bollywood is a place for everyone: Mohit Suri (Film Snippets)March 6th, 2009 - 7:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 6 (IANS) Mohit Suri, director of “Raaz - The Mystery Continues”, denies that entry into Bollywood is restricted to those with godfathers and says there is huge scope for newcomers to prove their talent.
“There is a huge scope for newcomers in Bollywood. I strongly believe that it is not only those related to a filmmaker or actor who can make it to the industry. This is a place for everyone,” Suri told IANS.
“If people like Shah Rukh Khan and Raj Kumar Santoshi, who had no film background, can make it, anyone can. Real art comes from within, not by being connected or related to somebody,” he added.
Divya Dutta gets famous as Jalebi
While Sonam Kapoor has been branded Masakalli thanks to her role in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s “Delhi-6″, her co-star Divya Dutta is now being called Jalebi.
Divya has been flooded with calls and messages saying “Jalebi, Mujhe Mard Bana De”, which happens to be a dialogue in the movie, says an industry source.
“It’s funny that people have caught on to that dialogue! But I’m glad that people have appreciated my performance. This role was a challenge and wouldn’t have got the recognition it has without Rakyesh’s help and constant encouragement. I want to thank everyone for all their love and support,” said Divya.
I’ll always be grateful to Ekta Kapoor: Nausheen Ali Sardar
Actress Nausheen Ali Sardar started her small screen career with Ekta Kapoor’s hit show “Kkusum” and says she will always be grateful to the television tsarina.
“Ekta is a very nice person. She deserves the credit for making a lot of people what they are today. Whether or not we talk or meet on a regular basis, Ekta makes it a point to send me a bouquet every year. Both of us share mutual respect. I will always be grateful to her,” said Nausheen.
- Nausheen Ali Sardar returning to TV, turning producer - Sep 10, 2010
- I play a traditional Marwari woman: Nausheen on comeback show - Mar 27, 2011
- Nausheen To Produce TV Shows - Sep 04, 2010
- Nausheen goes glam! - Aug 22, 2009
- What TV actors do with the first pay cheque - Sep 22, 2010
- Nausheen-Anuj team up again for 'Crimes of Passion' - Jul 29, 2012
- My chest has become blouse: Sujoy Ghosh (Movie Snippets) - Jul 16, 2012
- Nausheen's Striking The Right Chords - Aug 27, 2009
- 'Dearth of women-oriented roles in Bollywood' - Jan 19, 2009
- Karisma will make rocking comeback: Divya Dutta - Jan 05, 2012
- Nausheen in a steamy threesome - Aug 19, 2009
- Tusshar gifts Nandita Mahtani's dress to Ekta - Jun 08, 2012
- I feel like I'm coming home: Sonali Bendre (Movie Snippets) - Jul 03, 2012
- Rucha Gujarathi to enter 'Beend Banunga Ghodi...' - Sep 02, 2011
- Now, Ekta Kapoor in front of the camera (With Images) - Apr 30, 2012
Tags: bana, co star, divya dutta, ekta kapoor, film background, filmmaker, godfathers, industry source, jalebi, kkusum, mutual respect, nausheen ali sardar, newcomers, omprakash, raj kumar santoshi, real art, screen career, shah rukh khan, snippets, sonam kapoor