Bollywood goes Broadway way with ‘Kingdom of Dreams’January 27th, 2010 - 5:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 27 (IANS) If you like the song and dance culture on the big screen, dodge this. Bollywood is set to stage its own Broadway at a special destination called Kingdom of Dreams in Gurgaon.
The venue will offer Bollywood musicals, stage shows, theatre, performing arts, Indian culture, heritage, crafts, cuisine and shopping under one roof.
Kingdom of Dreams is owned by the Great Indian Nautanki Company, which is a joint venture between Wizcraft International Entertainment and Apra Group of Companies, owners of landmark properties such as 32nd Milestone and Galaxy Hotel and Spa.
According to a social networking link to the property, it will house an ensemble of a theatres and a lounge.
While the 850-seater Nautanki Mahal will showcase Bollywood musical everyday, an approximately 100,000 sq ft Culture Gully will be an air conditioned arts, crafts and food boulevard.
Show Shaa Theatre with a capacity of 250 seats will stage plays. It will showcase three shows a day, including Indian mythology, Balle Balle - My Big Fat Indian Wedding Show, and A Great Indian Talent Circus.
The lounge is to be called the IIFA Buzz after Indian International Film Academy (IIFA), organised by Wizcraft Entertainment. It will be an archival of Indian cinema with posters of popular films adorning the walls.
- Bollywood comes alive at 'Kingdom of Dreams' - Jan 29, 2010
- Kingdom of Dreams to open at 10 destinations in China - Dec 06, 2010
- Gaurav Gera, Shweta Gulati in Bollywood musical 'Jhumroo' - Mar 21, 2012
- Gurgaon to become key tourist destination with Kingdom of Dreams - Jan 29, 2010
- Kishoreda's last song to get new sounds for 'Jhumroo' - Aug 02, 2012
- 'Zangoora' completes 100 shows, extended to 2011 - Dec 16, 2010
- I would love to go back to theatre: Shah Rukh Khan - Sep 20, 2010
- 'Jhumroo' - truly Kishore Kumar, truly Bollywood (Review) - Apr 06, 2012
- It's back to Singapore for IIFA this year - Apr 24, 2012
- 'CWG stage to have ethnic Indian flavour' - Jul 30, 2010
- I would like to produce small films: Salman Khan - Aug 31, 2010
- Hussain Kuwajerwala all set for first-ever Bollywood musical - Jun 06, 2010
- Kishore Kumar's tunes inspire new musical 'Jhumru' - Jun 25, 2011
- Indian Broadway comes alive with colourful 'Zangoora' and Hussain - Sep 20, 2010
- IIFA show is 'Indian kitsch', not Indian culture: Deepa Mehta - Jun 22, 2011
Tags: arts crafts, balle balle, culture heritage, dance culture, film academy, galaxy hotel, heritage crafts, hotel and spa, indian cinema, indian culture, indian mythology, indian wedding, international entertainment, kingdom of dreams, landmark properties, nautanki, networking link, social networking, song and dance, wedding show