Bollywood director Yash Chopra bags Golden Peacock award in MumbaiJanuary 18th, 2009 - 4:34 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Jan.18 (ANI): Veteran Bollywood director Yash Chopra was awarded the coveted Golden Peacock Award, considered as the holy grail of corporate excellence, here on Saturday.
The Golden Peacock Award is presented for excellence in quality, corporate governance, corporate social responsibility, innovation, training, environment management, ecological leadership and business leadership.
This year, Yash Chopra was presented with this prestigious award for his valuable contribution to the Indian cinema.
Over the years, Yash Raj Films has given the Indian movie buffs some of the best romantic films that still continue to delight the cine goers.
The film production banner has now ventured and branched out its own music label called Yash Raj Music and produces DVDs, videos and VCDs under the Yash Raj Films Home Entertainment label.
An elated Yash Chopra said: “This award is important for me because in the outside world, films are being recognized and being awarded. It is a very happy occasion.”
The Hollywood Reporter placed Yash Raj Films on number 27 in 2004, in a survey ”Biggest Film Distribution Houses in the World”. In 2008, Yash Raj Films announced a multi million dollar joint venture contract with Dubai Infinity Holdings.
The partnership will see construction of a large scale entertainment district dedicated to Yash Raj Films, comprising of theme park attractions, a movie palace, hotels and many other interesting entertainment concepts. (ANI)
- Now easily download Yash Raj films from the net - Mar 25, 2011
- Curtains come down on 42nd IFFI (Review) - Dec 04, 2011
- After Rahman, Yash Chopra signs Gulzar for his next - Jun 20, 2011
- Uday dines with Olivia Wilde, Jason Bateman - Dec 18, 2011
- 'Rockstar' sweeps FICCI FRAMES awards - Mar 17, 2012
- Mumbai to have Rs.30 bn plush film studio (Movie Snippets) - Feb 09, 2011
- Mumbai Film Festival honours Oliver Stone at closing ceremony - Oct 29, 2010
- Now a Swiss hotel suite, train named after Yash Chopra - Apr 12, 2011
- YRF goes international, launches company in Hollywood - Nov 23, 2011
- Box office savours sweetness of Anurag Basu's 'Barfi!' - Sep 14, 2012
- YRF's next not titled 'London Ishq' - Mar 15, 2012
- Yash Chopra ropes in Rahman for his next - May 17, 2011
- Ranbir, Vidya named best actors at Apsara Awards - Jan 26, 2012
- Indian, world cinema set new trends at Osian's film fest (Review) - Aug 06, 2012
- Bollywood shines at the 56th National Awards ceremony - Mar 19, 2010
Tags: business leadership, cine goers, corporate excellence, corporate governance, corporate social responsibility, entertainment concepts, entertainment district, film distribution, golden peacock, hollywood reporter, holy grail, indian cinema, innovation training, movie buffs, music label, prestigious award, romantic films, venture contract, world films, yash raj films