Bollywood comes together to pay tribute to Feroz KhanMay 5th, 2009 - 5:06 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
Almost the entire Bollywood fraternity came together at the Ballroom of Hotel JW Marriott on Monday May 4th evening to pay tribute to the late Feroz Khan who passed away in Bangalore last week. The legendary actor-filmmaker’s last rites were performed in Bangalore according to his last wishes. But since a majority of Bollywood personas couldn’t attend it, a prayer service was arranged in Bollywood town Mumbai.
The Khan family consisting of Feroz Khan’s two children Fardeen and Laila were amongst the first ones to arrive along with their uncles Sanjay and Akbar Khan with their respective families. Hrithik’s wife Sussanne who is Sanjay Khan’s daughter, came along with her mom, while Hrithik came in a little later. The Bachchan trio of Amitabh, Abhishek and Aishwarya came together and left together as well. Big B was in London when the flamboyant actor-filmmaker expired last Monday therefore he could not attend Khan’s last rites ceremony. However, that time in his blog he had remembered Feroz as a gracious and warm hearted compassionate friend who was a flamboyant film maker, one that in the middle of his acting career became a producer and director and gave us some very memorable films - all with a certain stamp of flamboyance.
Shah Rukh Khan came in with wife Gauri Khan and so did Sanjay Dutt who visited with his wife Manyata. Dutt’s sister Priya Dutt came in separately. Then there were Dharmendra, Yash Chopra, Danny, Khan’s heroine of many films and also his son Fardeen’s mother-in-law Mumtaaz, Khan’s Qurbaani girl Zeenat Aman, Arjun Rampal, Chunky Pandey with wife Bhavana Pandey and Amisha Patel amongst others.
The whole atmosphere was glum and stars most of them all dressed in white appeared very emotional as they came out of the condolence meeting. -Sampurn Media
- Sussanne Roshan opens another interior store - Mar 01, 2011
- Feroz, Bollywood's original Khan, is dead (Second Lead) - Apr 27, 2009
- Fardeen relieved and grateful at court verdict - Oct 07, 2011
- Interesting Facts and Figures Fardeen Khan - May 02, 2009
- Sanjay, Karan - all at SRK's Eid bash - Sep 01, 2011
- Akbar Khan to play Saddam Hussein, says it's challenging (With Images) - Apr 28, 2011
- Shilpa goes gaga over 'Agneepath' (Movie Snippets) - Jan 29, 2012
- Hrithik Roshan: The Star Who Just Can’t Say No To Shahrukh Khan - Nov 27, 2010
- Juhi Parmar wins 'Bigg Boss 5', takes home Rs.1 crore (Lead) - Jan 08, 2012
- 'Agneepath' strikes right chords with B-Town - Jan 24, 2012
- Sanjay, Rishi's impromptu party to celebrate 'Agneepath' success - Jan 31, 2012
- Bollywood bids adieu to Prakash Mehra - May 19, 2009
- Like Father Like Son In Bollywood! - Jun 04, 2010
- Bollywood's style icon Feroz Khan is dead (Lead) - Apr 27, 2009
- Fans bid tearful goodbye to Dara Singh - Jul 12, 2012
Tags: akbar khan, amisha patel, arjun rampal, chunky pandey, compassionate friend, dharmendra, fardeen, feroz khan, flamboyant film, jw marriott, khan family, legendary actor, memorable films, prayer service, priya dutt, sanjay dutt, sanjay khan, shah rukh khan, yash chopra, zeenat aman