Bollywood comes alive at ‘Kingdom of Dreams’January 29th, 2010 - 7:08 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Jan 29 (IANS) Bollywood celebrities like Javed Akhtar, Vivek Oberoi, Isha Sharvani, Shankar-Eshsaan-Loy came together for a sneak preview of “Kingdom of Dreams” — Bollywood’s very own Broadway — in Gurgaon Friday.
“Kingdom of Dreams” is owned by the Great Indian Nautanki Company, which is a joint venture between Wizcraft International Entertainment and Apra Group of Companies, owners of landmark properties such as 32nd Milestone and Galaxy Hotel and Spa.
Javed Akhtar is doing the story screenplay and dialogue, music is by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, choreography by Shiamak Davar, costume - Neeta Lulla, action stunts - Alan Amin, set design - Umang Kumar and the star cast includes Vivek Oberoi, Isha Sharvani and Gauhar Khan.
At the preview, Vivek Oberoi made a grand entry as he was hung in a harness and jumped from the top of Nautanki Mahal. Isha Sharvani stunned the audience with her acrobatic performance, dancing on the beats of “Raat ke dhai baje” from the movie “Kaminey” and the title track of “Dil Bole Hadippa,” wearing a green colour ensemble.
Gauhar Khan gave a contemporary dance performance with typical Bollywood moves on famous chartbuster track “Biddi jalaie Le” from the film “Omkara”.
While the 850-seater Nautanki Mahal will showcase Bollywood musical everyday, an approximately 100,000 sq ft Culture Gully will be an air-conditioned arts, crafts and food boulevard.
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda came to grace the event along with several Haryana government officials.
Spread across 5.88 acres of land, the “Kingdom of Dreams”, which offers Bollywood musicals, stage shows, theatre, performing arts, Indian culture, heritage, crafts, cuisine and shopping under one roof with an investment of RS.1.5 billion, is expected to open around May.
- Indian Broadway comes alive with colourful 'Zangoora' and Hussain - Sep 20, 2010
- Gurgaon to become key tourist destination with Kingdom of Dreams - Jan 29, 2010
- Gaurav Gera, Shweta Gulati in Bollywood musical 'Jhumroo' - Mar 21, 2012
- Vivek to do a play - Mar 22, 2010
- Hussain Kuwajerwala all set for first-ever Bollywood musical - Jun 06, 2010
- Lata, Rafi songs to pepper Vivek oberoi starrer play - Mar 23, 2010
- Vivek opts out of play - Apr 24, 2010
- Evergreen Melodies on Stage - Mar 23, 2010
- Bollywood goes Broadway way with 'Kingdom of Dreams' - Jan 27, 2010
- Kingdom of Dreams to open at 10 destinations in China - Dec 06, 2010
- Vivek Oberoi Replaced By TV Actor Hussain Kuwajerwalla in the Mega-Musical Play Kingdom of Dreams - Apr 26, 2010
- 'Zangoora' completes 100 shows, extended to 2011 - Dec 16, 2010
- 'Jhumroo' - truly Kishore Kumar, truly Bollywood (Review) - Apr 06, 2012
- Kishoreda's last song to get new sounds for 'Jhumroo' - Aug 02, 2012
- I belong to the stage, not films: Isha Sharvani - Feb 04, 2010
Tags: acrobatic performance, arts crafts, bhupinder singh hooda, bollywood celebrities, culture heritage, dhai, galaxy hotel, gauhar khan, haryana government, heritage crafts, hotel and spa, international entertainment, isha sharvani, kingdom of dreams, landmark properties, nautanki, omkara, shankar ehsaan loy, story screenplay, vivek oberoi