Bollywood careers to make or break this Friday (IANS Preview)May 8th, 2012 - 7:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 8 (IANS) “Dangerous Ishhq” and “Ishaqzaade” - both films releasing this Friday - will play a pivotal role in the careers of their actors. While the former marks the comeback of Karisma Kapoor after a sabbatical of six years, the latter is the launchpad of filmmaker Boney Kapoor’s son Arjun.
Directed by Vikram Bhatt, “Dangerous Ishhq” hits the screens in 3D format and features Rajniesh Duggall, Jimmy Sheirgill and Divya Dutta.
The film tells the story of supermodel Sanjana (Karisma) and her boyfriend Rohan (Rajniesh), son of one of the nation’s biggest business tycoons. They are the most popular couple on the social circuit. However, their life takes a turn when Rohan gets kidnapped.
The high-profile kidnapping creates chaos in Sanjana’s life. The kidnappers demand Rs.50 crore, but the police believe that even paying the ransom will not bring Rohan back.
In this extreme trauma, Sanjana discovers something extraordinary. She sees visions of them together, sometime in the past, in different eras. In her visions lie definitive clues that could lead her to save the love of her life.
The suspense thriller will see Karisma’s character going through a period of 500 years through past-life regression.
The 37-year-old actress has made sure she makes a flawless comeback and trained in five dialects for the film. She took various workshops to clear her diction for the demanding role, which will see her in different avatars.
Director Vikram Bhatt has rubbished reports that “Dangerous Ishq” is a horror film, and said it’s a mystery set with the backdrop of reincarnation.
Last seen in “Mere Jeevan Saathi” in 2006, Karisma is eagerly looking forward to the release of the film as it would help decide her fate in the industry.
The fate of Arjun Kapoor’s acting career also depends on this Friday with the release of his debut film “Ishaqzaade”. The Yash Raj Films (YRF) project will also be a test for “Ladies v/s Ricky Bahl” actress Parineeti Chopra, for whom “Ishaqzaade” will be her first solo release.
Directed by Habib Faisal, “Ishaqzaade” narrates the tale of 22-year-old Parma (Arjun) an immature, short tempered bully, who idolises his grandfather and his twisted love story with Zoya (Parineeti).
Zoya is a twenty-something, boisterous girl from an affluent political family and she dreams of becoming an MLA. Parma and Zoya are born to hate, but destined to love.
Arjun had to shed 50 kg to get fit for the role he plays in the film, made at a budget of Rs.25 crore.
The actor is all praise for superstar Salman Khan, who prepared him to jump into the world of acting. Arjun credits Salman for being more than a mentor.
Who will win at the box office? Take your pick this Friday!
- 'Dangerous Ishq' required actors with no image: Karisma - May 07, 2012
- 'Dangerous Ishq' teaser to arrive with Hollywood film - Jan 24, 2012
- 'Ishaqzaade' release advanced to May 11 - Apr 07, 2012
- Karisma disciplined, focused: Jimmy Sheirgill - May 03, 2012
- 'Dangerous Ishq' heady mix of mythology and supernatural element (IANS Movie Review - Rating: *** 1/2) - May 11, 2012
- Sonam faster, better than me on roads: Anil (Movie Snippets) - Apr 25, 2012
- 'Raja Hindustani' can be taken forward: Karisma Kapoor - Aug 25, 2012
- Ishaqzaade' earns Rs. 4.54 crore on opening day - May 12, 2012
- Vikram Bhatt completes two decades in filmdom - Mar 20, 2012
- 'Ishaqzaade' - love beyond boundaries in UP's badlands (IANS Movie Review) - May 12, 2012
- Bollywood and IPL: Industry rides on India's twin passions - May 17, 2012
- I did women-centric films 10 years back: Karisma - Apr 05, 2012
- Priyanka urges people to watch cousin's 'Ishaqzaade' - Apr 08, 2012
- Karisma will make rocking comeback: Divya Dutta - Jan 05, 2012
- KJo's starstruck moment with Meryl Streep (Movie Snippets) - Feb 27, 2012
Tags: acting career, boney kapoor, business tycoons, crore, debut film, dialects, diction, divya dutta, eras, horror film, ishq, karisma kapoor, kidnappers demand, launchpad, life regression, mere jeevan saathi, pivotal role, ransom, suspense thriller, yash raj films