Bollywood can boost our tourism, says Romanian ministerDecember 3rd, 2010 - 5:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 3 (IANS) Bollywood is no more just a form of entertainment but also has immense business potential. Borbely Karoly, the Romanian secretary of state, feels the Hindi film industry can play a crucial role in encouraging tourism in Romania.
“In our country we encourage Indian filmmakers to come and in turn help tourism. Since our actors and producers are very skilled, (Indian) filmmakers will also discover new possibilities,” Karoly told IANS.
“Bollywood will increase tourism. When we promote one business (Bollywood), it in turn attracts other businesses and this could be a good way to increase tourism.”
The minister, who was here for a meeting with the managing director of an import-export firm, feels Romania needs to be exposed to Bollywood to increase the volume of business which will be mutually beneficial.
“We have more exposure to Hollywood, but we do have some local channels showing Bollywood movies. We need to increase the volume, which will happen when Indian filmmakers come here and make themselves more visible,” he said.
He says the country offers many exotic locations and can provide a picturesque backdrop for the narratives.
“We have the monasteries in Moldavia. We have Transylvania, the place where the Dracula was from, the Black Sea and several other places. People usually come to shoot for a short period, although they have the possibility to exploit more.”
Bollywood shoots are no cheap affair and even shooting a simple song sequence abroad can cost a fortune. Most of the money flows into the economy of the country where the movie is being shot.
- Bollywood should do a 'Zindagi Na...' in Poland: Ambassador - Nov 29, 2011
- Now movies to promote Incredible India abroad - Feb 16, 2012
- New predatory dinosaur discovered in Romania - Aug 31, 2010
- Shah Rukh Khan Set To Be A Part Of Omani Lifestyle! - Jan 25, 2011
- Gomez replaces Cyrus in 'Hotel Transylvania' - Feb 10, 2012
- Amitabh to shoot for makeup man's film (Movie Snippets) - Feb 08, 2012
- Dracula wasn't bloodthirsty, just a victim of bad propaganda - Jul 12, 2010
- Foreign operators queuing up for Bollywood tours - Apr 18, 2011
- Spain seeks to ride success of "Zindagi Na.." to attract Indians - Jul 24, 2011
- Comic book on movies comes to India with 'Don: The Origin' (With Image) - Dec 20, 2011
- India seen as major economic player in Switzerland: Envoy - Aug 08, 2011
- Shah Rukh, Lara to perform at Muscat Festival - Jan 24, 2011
- Kenya hardselling leisure, biz travel in India - Feb 18, 2011
- Romania says its vegetables safe for consumption - Jun 07, 2011
- Film shoots could boost tourism in India: Minister - Nov 26, 2011
Tags: black sea, bollywood movies, borbely, dracula, export firm, hindi film industry, import export, indian filmmakers, managing director, moldavia, monasteries, narratives, New Delhi, picturesque backdrop, possibilities, secretary of state, short period, song sequence, tourism in romania, transylvania