Bollywood beauties throng Manish Malhotra’s LFW showSeptember 21st, 2010 - 3:02 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 21 (IANS) Celebrity designer Manish Malhotra’s shows are known for their heavy dose of Bollywood presence and it was not surprising that A-list actresses like Priyanka Chopra, Rani Mukjerji and Priety Zinta dazzled in the guest gallery at his offering at the Lakme Fashion Week (LFW).
The show Monday, which was sponsored by Aircel to promote its Save The Tiger Initiative, was attended by most of Malhotra’s close friends and Bollywood actress including Urmila Matondkar, Sonakshi Sinha, Sameera Reddy and Sangeeta Bijlani.
The girl gang occupied front row and visibly enjoyed the show as they were seen giggling, clapping and cheering while the models sashayed down the ramp showcasing Malhotra’s designs, which were all contemporary evening wear.
“For me, my clothes are my life and I wake up to it. ‘Save the Tiger’ is also a great cause to support and I’m happy that I collaborated with them,” Malhotra told reporters after the show.
Commenting on the Bollywood brigade that came to support him, the designer said: “From first shots of these girls Priety Zinta, Rani Mukherji, Urmila till today, I have worked with them countless times and they are very close to me. I feel it’s really nice that they are all in time, very supportive, very excited. It was really sweet of them.”
All the actresses were sporting western outfits. While Rani, Sangeeta and Priyanka were dressed in black, Priety was looking her best in a pink outfit and Sameera was dressed in a white gown.
Sonakshi, who was also the showstopper for Narendra Kumar Ahmed’s show, was sporting what she wore for the ramp - skin fitting jeans and a top.
As far as the collection was concerned, the designer used hues of red, blue and black and dabbled them with heavy embroidery, zari, crystals, sequins and brocade to highlight the delicate motifs.
Silhouettes were harem pants, salwars, sherwanis, lehengas and kalidar kurtas. Models were also seen flaunting saris and Jodhpur jackets in brocade and velvet combinations.
- LFW's new high on Bollywood glamour quotient (Lead) - Sep 21, 2010
- LFW witnesses Bollywood glamour galore - Sep 21, 2010
- Designers on a high, clinched good business at LFW (Review) - Sep 22, 2010
- A-List Bollywood Biggies Were Present At LFW Winter Festive 2010! - Oct 09, 2010
- Salman brings alive Bollywood's bygone era at couture week - Oct 10, 2010
- Indian clothes dominated Filmfare red carpet - Jan 30, 2011
- Malaika and Amrita walk the ramp for Vikram Phadnis - Mar 03, 2012
- Sonam Kapoor dazzles at Manish Malhotra's show - Jul 25, 2011
- Go for cotton this wedding season, says Anita Dongre - May 09, 2012
- Sonakshi walks ramp for J.J. Valaya at LFW - Mar 06, 2012
- Bollywood actresses walk on ramp to collect funds for Salman's charity - Oct 10, 2010
- KJo's 40th birthday bash a black and white affair - May 26, 2012
- Preeti Desai dazzles in white lehenga choli for Anita Dongre - Aug 06, 2012
- Rani Mukerji And Preity Zinta Exchange Get-Up And Attitude! - Jan 31, 2011
- Bollywood dominates couture week, but designs too got noticed (Review) - Oct 11, 2010
Tags: aircel, bollywood beauties, fitting jeans, girl gang, harem pants, heavy dose, kurtas, lakme fashion week, lehengas, narendra kumar, pink outfit, priety zinta, priyanka chopra, sameera reddy, sangeeta bijlani, saris, sherwanis, urmila matondkar, western outfits, white gown