Bollywood actors shoot for upcoming film ‘Aarakshan’ in BhopalFebruary 26th, 2011 - 5:11 pm ICT by ANI
Bhopal, Feb.26 (ANI): Locals in Bhopal witnessed the shoot of Prakash Jha’s upcoming film ‘Aarakshan’, which is based on the government’s reservation policy.
The film deals with the issue of reservation for marginalized communities, such as lower caste people, tribals, or socially and economically disadvantaged groups in government jobs and educational institutions.
Jha told media persons that the movie would strike an emotional chord with the audience, and showcase social mobility.
“I feel that it is time to address this issue. We wanted to showcase the emotional content and pain, and for that we have been working on the script since years,” he said.
” We have made an effort through the movie to show the progress of two Indias: one that has progressed a lot and the other one that does not even possess any means of progress, the social mobility,” he added.
“As an actress, when I choose a film, it has to be appealing to me. It has to be something that I connect with, something I understand and would like to be a part of, so I think it is not the right time to really say much about the film. As you all know, it is about reservation,” said Deepika Padukone.
Amitabh Bachchan said: “I say the lines given to me by the director. I will keep my opinion of the film private.”
Bachchan plays the role of a college principal in the film.
The movie stars Bachchan, Padukone, Saif Ali Khan, Manoj Bajpai and Prateik Babbar and is slated for release sometime in August. (ANI)
- RPI activists attacked my home, office: Prakash Jha (Lead, changing dateline) - Aug 06, 2011
- Hema Malini to do cameo in 'Aarakshan' - Feb 22, 2011
- Dalit group angry over Saif's role in 'Aarakshan' - May 13, 2011
- No 'Aarakshan' in Indian film industry: Amitabh - Jul 13, 2011
- I don't believe in the caste system: Amitabh Bachchan (Interview) - Jul 18, 2011
- Jha ready to clear tribal panel's doubts on 'Aarakshan' - Jul 15, 2011
- Prakash Jha's office, home attacked for 'Aarakshan' - Aug 06, 2011
- Prakash Jha agrees to changes in 'Aarakshan' - Aug 11, 2011
- Why is everybody up in arms against my film: Prakash Jha (Second Lead) - Aug 07, 2011
- Amitabh refrains from personal comments on 'Aarakshan' - Jun 13, 2011
- I strive to bring understanding, not change: Prakash Jha (Interview) - Jun 21, 2011
- Big B calls Prakash Jha 'Khatron Ka Khiladi' - Jun 04, 2011
- Before 'Aarakshan' I was against reservations: Saif - May 17, 2011
- Prakash Jha 'surprised' over cancelled Lucknow show - Aug 04, 2011
- Our prayers are with Soniaji: Amitabh Bachchan - Aug 06, 2011
Tags: amitabh bachchan, babbar, bhopal, bollywood actors, college principal, deepika padukone, disadvantaged groups, educational institutions, emotional chord, emotional content, film deals, government jobs, manoj bajpai, marginalized communities, media persons, prakash jha, reservation policy, saif ali khan, social mobility, upcoming film