Bollywood actor Vidya Balan promotes movie ‘Ishqiya’ in MumbaiJanuary 31st, 2010 - 1:12 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Jan 31 (ANI): Bollywood actor Vidya Balan promoted her film ‘Ishqiya’ at a mall here on Saturday.
‘Ishqiya’ deals with the emotional journey of three individuals. Two thieves Khalujaan (Naseeruddin Shah) and Babban (Arshad Warsi), who are on the run from their boss Mushtaq (Salman Shahid), seek refuge with an old friend, but end up meeting his widow Krishna (Vidya Balan).
As they plan their escape, they are drawn to Krishna and the threat of imminent death puts them on a path of violence and betrayal.
The film is produced by Raman Maroo and Vishal Bharadwaj and directed by Abhishek Chaubey. Arshda Warsi, Vidya Balan, Naseerudding Shah, Salman Shah and Rajesh Sharma are the lead actors of the film.
Vidya Balan who reached the R-City Mall in Mumbai to promote Ishqiya described it as a very special one for her as she has never performed a role like this one and was thrilled to receive the appreciation of the audience.
“Every film is special one for me, but this is a very special one, as I am doing a very different role in this film. While doing this film only, we realized that a good amount of hard work is being done and the results will definitely be fruitful. It feels good that the audience is appreciating our hard work,” said Balan.
On being asked about the foul language used in the film, Balan said there were hardly four or five foul words used in the movie, as the actors really had to get into the rough and rogue nature of the characters portrayed in the film.
Bollywood lyricist Gulzar and Ajinkya Iyer have penned the lyrics of the film, while the music has been composed by Vishal Bharadwaj.
The film hit the theatres on Friday (January 29). (ANI)
- Movie Review : Ishqiya (2010) - Jan 29, 2010
- 'Ishqiya' to be screened at Florence film fest - Nov 21, 2010
- 'Ishqiya' to be screened at Cairo film fest - Oct 09, 2010
- 'Ishqiya 2' will be cult: Arshad Warsi (Movie Snippets) - Jan 05, 2012
- Boney Kapoor acquires All India Theatrical Distribution Rights of Ishqiya - Jan 13, 2010
- Watch 'Ishqiya' for its rustic appeal (IANS Preview) - Jan 25, 2010
- Indian Film Festival Of London To Screen Ishqiya - Jul 12, 2010
- Arshad Warsi finds sequels risky, but excited about 'Ishqiya 2' - May 26, 2011
- Can't wait to work with Madhuri again: Naseeruddin - Jun 18, 2012
- 'Ishqiya' to be screened at Munich film fest - Jun 11, 2010
- 'Ishqiya' to be screened at Indian film fest in London - Jul 09, 2010
- I'm very proud of Vishalji, Rekha ma'am: Priyanka Chopra - May 20, 2011
- Salman, Vidya win top honours at Star Screen Awards - Jan 07, 2011
- Arshad is the most underutilised actor: Vidya Balan - Jan 28, 2010
- Madhuri Dixit signs Anubhav Sinha's next movie - Apr 27, 2012
Tags: actors, arshad warsi, betrayal, emotional journey, foul language, foul words, gulzar, imminent death, iyer, krishna, lyricist, maroo, mumbai, naseeruddin shah, old friend, rajesh sharma, salman shahid, two thieves, vidya balan, vishal bharadwaj