Boise State all set to join Big EastDecember 7th, 2011 - 8:27 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Dec 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) From the 2013 season, Boise State will join the Big East, several reports suggest. ESPN reports that a formal announcement of the decision will be made on Wednesday.
The negotiation for Boise State and four others to join Big East has been ongoing for two months now. The others who will be making a similar move are Central Florida, San Diego State, Southern Methodist and Houston.
According to details of the new arrangements as being reported by other media outlets, Boise State and San Diego State will take part in football only while the others will be involved in all the other sports.
The Big East is struggling to rebuild its league after big names like Pittsburgh, Syracuse and West Virginia announced that they will be moving to other leagues.
Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino praised commissioner John Marinatto during a chat with ESPN. He said that, “Getting Boise State. Getting Houston, SMU. I think that is as good of a job for a commissioner with his back against the wall as I’ve seen since I’ve been in athletics. The teams you lost aren’t as good in football as the teams you’re bringing in.”
The changes will take effect at the beginning of the 2013 season.
- National Football League (NFL) Schedule 2009 Week 9 - Nov 09, 2009
- BCS Rankings Are Out - Oct 18, 2010
- American lingerie football goes to Canada - Apr 13, 2011
- US Lingerie Football League goes to Canada (Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- LSU tops BCS rankings - Dec 05, 2011
- SMU Football Documentary Shown On ESPN - Dec 12, 2010
- Same story, varied versions: Pitino-Sypher - Aug 13, 2009
- Assistant Of Rick Pitino Has Asserted That Pitino Commanded Him To Dish Out $3000 To A Pregnant Female - Jul 30, 2010
- Gazprom unveiled as UEFA Champions League sponsor - Jul 09, 2012
- Gazprom unveiled as Champions League sponsor - Jul 10, 2012
- Jennifer Lopez to return as judge on American Idol - Aug 11, 2011
- Texas Christian University (TCU) Post 41-24 Win Over Southern Methodist University (SMU) - Sep 25, 2010
- NFL Scores Of Week 5 Is Led By Jacksonville Jaguars - Oct 11, 2010
- Football Coach Don Coryell Passes Away At 85 - Jul 02, 2010
- Scholes returns to Manchester United - Jan 09, 2012
Tags: back against the wall, basketball coach, boise state, central florida, coach rick pitino, commissioner john, espn, espn reports, formal announcement, job, media outlets, negotiation, other sports, san diego state, smu, southern methodist, syracuse, west virginia