Body of Mike Bongiorno, Italian TV Host Stolen, No RansomJanuary 28th, 2011 - 2:22 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Jan 27 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Mike Bongiorno was a famous Italian quiz show host for over fifty years, just as well known in Italy as Bob Barker is for his hosting of ‘The Price is Right’ in America. He passed away at the age off eighty-five years old in 2009. In most circumstances, after the memorial, and the funeral, that would be the end of the story. Until his body is stolen, that is.
An unnamed person was recently visiting graves nearby to where Mike Bongiorno’s body was lain. The person noticed that the TV host’s grave was opened, and that there was no body inside. The police were called to the scene, and began to investigate the disappearance of the body in Arona, which is a small North Italian town.
Police have so far failed to receive any information on the theft of the body which has been credible. In cases such as this, there are usually ransom notes, or information concerning the missing coffin, but no so here, and the police have no leads.
- Italian TV host's body stolen from grave - Jan 26, 2011
- Italian TV host Mike Bongiorno's body stolen - Jan 27, 2011
- Stolen car found 42 years later eBay - Jul 13, 2012
- Naples pizza restaurants 'using wood from stolen coffins' - May 18, 2010
- Thieves demanded ransom for former president's body - Mar 10, 2010
- Goa priest bans burying dead with gold, trinkets - Jul 17, 2010
- Are Pizzerias In Naples Using Stolen Coffin Wood For Cooking? - May 19, 2010
- Eva Peron's jewelry recovered - Jun 24, 2011
- Goa's funeral managers provide A to Z solutions (Feature) - Aug 25, 2010
- Ronnie Barker's son Adam Barker arrested after years of being on the run - Jul 24, 2012
- Largest ID theft ring in US history cracked - Oct 08, 2011
- Body stolen from a mausoleum in East Farmingdale - Aug 25, 2010
- Sea of humanity pays respects to Deshmukh, funeral in evening (Lead) - Aug 15, 2012
- Massive preparations in Assam for Bhupen Hazarika's final journey - Nov 06, 2011
- Bob Barker wants public to boycott SeaWorld - Jun 08, 2011
Tags: arona, bob barker, circumstances, coffin, disappearance, fifty years, italian quiz, italian town, italian tv, italy, mike bongiorno, quiz show, ransom notes, show host, town police, tv host, unnamed person