Bobby Deol shot fight scenes in heavy rain (Film Snippets)March 18th, 2009 - 8:55 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 18 (IANS) Bobby Deol didn’t bother about the pouring rain and freezing temperature while shooting fight scenes in muddy fields for Sangeeth Sivan’s “Ek - The Power of One” in Punjab in December, leaving producer Jaswant Khera highly impressed.
According to a source, the film unit was shooting for a major action sequence amid heavy rains. Even the vanity vans of the actors had to be parked around two kilometres away from the location and the unit members took long gaps between shots because of the weather.
For Bobby’s convenience, the producer even requested the actor to go and rest in the van as he was worried about his health, but Bobby insisted that if the entire unit could bear the weather so could he, added the source.
“These fight scenes had to be shot in muddy fields and freezing temperatures and the unit had already lost three to four days of shoot due to the climatic conditions. I was absolutely overwhelmed with Bobby’s dedication and professionalism and the action sequences have turned out to be wonderful in the film,” said Khera.
“Ek - The Power of One” will release March 27.
Atul Kulkarni to play terrorist
National award-winning actor Atul Kulkarni, who played the role of Gobar, a simpleton in “Delhi-6″, will soon be seen in the role of a terrorist in forthcoming film “Chowrasta, Crossroads Of Love”.
The English language film, directed by Anjan Dutt, will release April 27.
It is the story about people in crisis - a terrorist on the run, a fading Bollywood star meeting up with her ex-husband, a young couple facing the realities of marriage after a sudden elopement and an old planter who has lost his wife.
Parul Chauhan bids goodbye to Indian wear, turns glamorous
Television actress Parul Chauhan, more popular as Ragini of “Sapna Baabul Ka…Bidaai” will be seen in a totally western avatar in the next episode of dance reality show “Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa”.
She has bid goodbye to her sari-clad demure look and has sported a bold red-coloured halter dress for her next performance, a Samba sequence with her partner Deepak, on the reality show.
Coming from a middle-class background from Ahmedabad and straight into “Bidaai” to play the role of a dusky girl in distress, the western makeover was a complete turnaround for her.
When the judges - Saroj Khan, Vaibhavi Merchant and Juhi Chawla - asked Parul how she felt, she said: “This is the first time I am wearing a dress like this… and I like it!”
The episode will air at 9 p.m. Friday on Sony.
- Bobby shows his Professionalism. - Mar 16, 2009
- Raveena, Karisma to appear on 'Kitchen Champion 3' (TV Snippets) - Aug 26, 2010
- Hema, Helen set small screen on fire - Dec 13, 2010
- Parul To Perform In 'Sajan Re' - Aug 26, 2010
- Get set for comedy, thrillers in 2012 - Jan 01, 2012
- ''Bidaai' Comes To An End On Star Plus - Nov 15, 2010
- Rajan Shahi says 'yeh meri Dilli' with new show! - Jan 04, 2012
- Superb action sequences fail to save badly scripted 'AK 56' (Kannada Movie Review) - Feb 12, 2012
- Old is Gold! Veterans bag lead roles in serials, films - Jun 21, 2011
- 'Chaalis Chauraasi' tells tale of a freaky night (IANS Preview) - Jan 09, 2012
- Shazahn Padamsee misses family X-mas dinner (Movie Snippets) - Dec 25, 2011
- Rajan Shahi Comes Up With Holiday Idea For 'Bidaai' Team - Aug 14, 2010
- Angad Hasija doesn't mix personal life with professional - Aug 19, 2012
- Potpouri of hits - Top 10 Bollywood movies (2011 in Retrospect) (To go with Bollywood went from gloom to glory) - Dec 15, 2011
- Sara And Ali Launches Spa 'Da Luxury Lounge - Tvam' - May 26, 2010
Tags: action sequence, action sequences, atul kulkarni, baabul, bobby deol, elopement, english language film, fight scenes, film unit, forthcoming film, heavy rain, heavy rains, jaa, muddy fields, pouring rain, ragini, simpleton, sivan, television actress, unit members