Bob Dylan: Music industry is full of hypocritesJune 8th, 2008 - 5:43 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jun 8 (ANI): American singer Bob Dylan has hit out at the current state of the music industry, branding it “hypocritical rubbish”.
The legendary rock singer expressed his dislike with the industry, which had made him famous, insisting that it was full of fake people and hypocrites.
Dylans disapproval of the industry is such that he admits he does not feel comfortable socialising with the music industry insiders, and that he prefers to stick with the “dignified” literature and art worlds, branding them “honest” and “upfront”.
“The music world’s a made-up bunch of hypocritical rubbish. I know that the book people are a whole lot saner, Contactmusic quoted him as telling Britain’s The Times newspaper.
And the art world? From the small steps I’ve taken in it, I’d say, yeah, the people are honest, upfront and deliver what they say.
“Basically, they are who they say they are. They don’t pretend. And having been in the music world most of my life I can tell you it’s not that way. Let’s just say it’s less dignified,” he added. (ANI)
- Kelly Osbourne is too honest - Nov 06, 2011
- As Dylan's birthday dawns, Indian rockstar-fan pays tribute - May 23, 2011
- Pixie Lott takes mom on tour - May 20, 2012
- Bob Dylan's rare photographs go on exhibit in Paris - Mar 07, 2012
- Poonam Pandey wishes Husain had painted her (Movie Snippets) - Jun 09, 2011
- Elton John trashes singers, reality stars - Feb 06, 2011
- Katy Perry denies pregnancy reports - Nov 22, 2011
- Who doesn't like Adele, asks Rihanna - Apr 20, 2012
- Roll back excise duty on branded garments: Buddhadeb - Mar 08, 2011
- Bob Dylan turns 70 Tuesday - May 24, 2011
- Gurdas Maan conferred doctorate by British varsity - Sep 09, 2010
- Elton John calls Cheryl Cole's music c**p - Feb 05, 2011
- Lady Gaga wants to make a movie - Nov 17, 2009
- Jay-Z will be an awesome dad: Beyonce's mom - Oct 19, 2011
- Bob Dylan receives US presidential honour - May 31, 2012
Tags: american singer, art world, art worlds, bob dylan, current state, disapproval, dislike, dylan music, hypocrites, legendary rock, literature and art, music industry insiders, music world, rock singer, rubbish, small steps, socialising, whole lot