Blur to receive The Outstanding Contribution nod at the Brit Awards 2012December 20th, 2011 - 12:03 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Dec 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Outstanding Contribution Brit award to the band Blur could spark the reunion of the band. Band member Alex James has hinted that the group is considering reunion in 2012. He revealed that they may also perform several concerts after the reunion.
James was speaking on Gordon Smart’s show on Xfm. He said shortly after the announcement that they are being recognized for their contribution to music in Britain, the band remembered how it felt like to be together.
He said that, “We all remembered how much we loved being a band. I had always said in interviews I didn’t miss being in a band, but that reminded me that I did…Who knows what will happen, but there is a lot to look forward to.”
There has been a previous hint from another band member in the past that the band could find themselves together. Graham Coxon revealed on his Twitter page that, “Now off to see the Blur boys and have coffee and maybe switch a tape recorder on!”
However when he later deleted the tweet, several fans were left disappointed because they felt it was the end of the hope. A reform attempt in 2009 was considered a failure.
- 'Blur' reuniting in 2011 for new album - Dec 21, 2010
- Blur stars unite at London premiere of Damon Albarns opera - Nov 14, 2008
- 1980s' band Blur to reunite after nine years - Dec 09, 2008
- Stone Roses to announce their reunion - Oct 17, 2011
- Blur to reunite for Glastonbury - Nov 14, 2008
- ABBA may reunite for one-off charity gig - Jan 03, 2011
- 'Happy Mondays' don't plan any major reform - Dec 06, 2011
- Blur to reunite, perform at Glastonbury - Dec 09, 2008
- Robbie Williams Reunites With 'Take That' On A New Album - Jul 16, 2010
- Robbie Williams to quit Take That? - Jan 20, 2011
- Reunited Blur to release new track after seven years - Apr 09, 2010
- Gallagher show raises $240,000 for Japan - Apr 05, 2011
- Is Sophia Bush dating Topher Grace? - Jul 30, 2012
- Smell the coffee - Indian baristas taking on bartenders! - Nov 21, 2010
- Robbie Williams reunites with Take That for new album - Jul 16, 2010