Blues Singer Marvin Sease Dies At 64February 9th, 2011 - 6:43 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Feb 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Singer Marvin Sease, the renowned blues singer passed on February 8 at the age of 64 in Vicksburg, Mississippi. The blues legend lost his life just eight days before his birthday when he would have turned 65. The exact cause of his death remains unknown but it is being speculated that the artist lost his life due to pneumonia from which he was suffering prior to his death. Although never been able to gain huge commercial success, he had always been a hit with the blues community.
According to sources, Marvin Sease was expected to perform at several musical events towards the end of this month, including the Greensboro Blues Festival and Cincinnati Blues Festival. His singing career traces back to this teen days when he used to perform as a gospel singer with a gospel group called Five Gospel Crowns in Charleston, South Carolina. Soon, thereafter he planned to venture into something new, for which he started his own R & B band, in New York, where he also had his three own brothers. Unfortunately the band named Sease did not quite gain much success due to which it got dissolved within the next few years. The singer attained success after he began performing in a club in Brooklyn named Casablanca, which in turn opened wider avenues before him. Soon, he released “Ghetto Man” and “Candy Licker” which became instant success making him a popular voice.
Although his album called “Marvin Sease” gained immense success at the music charts, earning him top places on the Billboard’s music charts, he mainly remains popular for his “Candy Licker”. The racy lyrics were something that grabbed everyone’s attention making them jig on the beats, no matter even if they could not be played on the radio.
- Gospel Singer Marva Wright dies aged 62 years - Mar 24, 2010
- James Fortune Gives A Mesmerizing Performance At Celebration Of Gospel - Jan 11, 2010
- Ronnie Wood loves Marvin Gaye songs - Feb 03, 2012
- Folk, rock, fusion music in Manali's cool air - Jun 02, 2012
- Cuban singer to go on US tour in June - May 25, 2011
- Gospel Musician Walter Hawkins dies - Jul 12, 2010
- Jazz musicians in Delhi mix new sounds with new venues (Feature) (With images) - Jul 23, 2012
- Gospel Singer Marvin Sapp's wife - MaLinda Sapp dies - Sep 10, 2010
- Pop star Whitney Houston dies at 48 (Second Lead) - Feb 12, 2012
- A song and a story: Changing music of modern India (June 21 is World Music Day) - Jun 18, 2011
- Mahindra Blues Festival to host global stars - Jan 06, 2012
- Gospel Singer 'Marvin Sapp' Loses Wife MaLinda Sapp to Colon Cancer - Sep 10, 2010
- In Kashmir, music was not considered good: Singer Saim Bhat (Interview) - Mar 13, 2012
- Whitney Houston: Another star falls (Roundup) - Feb 12, 2012
- 15 south Asian bands to rock Delhi - Nov 29, 2011
Tags: b band, blues community, blues festival, blues singer, candy licker, charleston south carolina, cincinnati blues, commercial success, dey, eight days, exact cause, ghetto man, gospel group, gospel singer, immense success, instant success, marvin sease, music charts, teen days, vicksburg mississippi