Blue Crush 2 Coming SoonJuly 18th, 2010 - 7:16 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
July 18, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Fans of the 2002 film ‘Blue Crush’ have lots to rejoice as Universal Studios Entertainment is set to release a sequel of the film on Blu-Ray and DVD in Spring 2011. The cast is reportedly shooting in South Africa for the movie that is based on surfing. The latest installment will star the stunning ‘One Tree Hill’ beauty Sasha Jackson as Dana. Other members of the cast include Elizabeth Mathis of ‘Enchanted’ fame.
According to reports Sasha Jackson’s character will be seen as an ace surfer who leaves her home town of Beverly Hills after she is pressurized by her father into college. She reaches South Africa with only her late mother’s journal and embarks on a journey of self discovery and adventure through the waves of the beautiful country. The audience are guaranteed a rare treat for the eyes with the toned surfers in their swimsuit and the picture-perfect beaches of South Africa. The film will also have cameos from world renowned surfers according to the reports.
The 2002 film ‘Blue Crush’ starred the gorgeous Kate Bosworth and Michelle Rodriguez. Shot in the island of Oahu, the film also featured cameos from real life surfers of that time. Not only was it popular for the stunning beaches and extraordinary surfing stunts, the film also had a soundtrack that is popular till date. Though no announcement of the pricing and the special features of the film has been announced, the fans are highly awaiting the release of the DVDs and the Blu-Rays in Spring 2011. Blue Crush 2 will be a South African/German co-production.
- 'Jurassic Park' to hit theatres again - Aug 29, 2011
- A new company enters Blu-ray discs online sales market in India - Mar 17, 2010
- ASDA offers blue-ray player for just £40 - Nov 17, 2011
- 'E.T. The Extra Terrestrial' in digital avatar - Jun 01, 2012
- South African beach dubbed world's deadliest - Jan 16, 2012
- Beauty And The Beast: Diamond Edition On Blu-ray, DVDs And VCDs - Oct 19, 2010
- 'Avatar' becomes fastest-selling Blu-ray disc of all time - Apr 26, 2010
- I don't mind acting in an Indian movie: Kate Bosworth (Interview) - Dec 10, 2010
- Yash Raj Films goes Blue-ray with 11 films - Dec 22, 2009
- Mini Movies of 'Despicable Me' on DVD and Blue Ray This December - Sep 23, 2010
- Pazhassi Raja - The First Malayalam Film In Blu-Ray - Jun 19, 2010
- Bollywood Entertainment Limited revolutionising Blu-ray market in India - Nov 04, 2009
- High definition TV big turn-off for millions of women - Sep 15, 2010
- Enjoy 3D movies without glasses - Aug 19, 2012
- Christian Louboutin recreates Cinderella's slipper - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: beautiful country, beverly hills, blue crush, cameos, co production, crush 2, elizabeth mathis, gorgeous kate, kar, kate bosworth, michelle rodriguez, one tree hill, sasha, self discovery, sequel, stunning beaches, stunts, surfers, swimsuit, universal studios