Bloom Box Enjoys TV AppearenceFebruary 22nd, 2010 - 8:04 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Feb 22, (THAINDIAN NEWS) This Wednesday will see the official launch of Bloom Energy, a Silicon Valley based company, which will be making its new invention public. The company has come up with a refrigerator size box that could provide power to the whole house. Named as ‘Bloom Box’, the device ‘houses fuel cells’ that may run using solar energy, bio-gas, landfill gas or oxygen and natural gas. The interest of America and its citizen peeked when the Bloom Box enjoyed its first TV appearance on the CBS’ 60 Minutes.
“Holy Grail” is a name common in the ‘energy-land’. For those who don’t yet know, the Holy Grail, is that source of power which is 100 percent clean, with no emissions at all. This source of energy has been in the development era, with more than 100 start-ups working on it. Among them exists Bloom Energy, which has actually been in operation for more than 8 years now. The company has managed to raise funds to the amount of $400 in its existence period from the VCs.
In the elite list of its clients, the company has names like Google. Sources claim that Google was Bloom Energy’s first customer and has been using the Bloom Box (four of them to be exact) to power one of their data center for the past 18 months. eBay is another name that Bloom Energy managed to rope in for their invention. eBay has already been using 5 of these Bloom Boxes in their centers in San Jose and according to them, the magical boxes have proved to not only be efficient but also cost-worthy. eBay has reportedly saved an amount of $100,000 in the last 9 months in energy costs.
- Indian origin scientist's "bloom box" may power homes of the future - Feb 23, 2010
- Indian American's Bloom Box promises to light up American homes - Feb 24, 2010
- Indian American's Bloom Box churns out power from sand - Feb 25, 2010
- Ex-Wipro executive Paranjpe to head US energy firm - May 26, 2011
- Bloom Box Launched, Mass Production May Be Within 10 Years - Feb 25, 2010
- Bloom Box Energy Going Great Guns - Feb 28, 2010
- Bloom Box, The Green Energy For Next Generation? - Aug 31, 2010
- Olympic Torch sold for over £150,000 on the auction site eBay - May 22, 2012
- Cow poo may soon power computers! - May 25, 2010
- eBay communities make participants better buyers and sellers: Study - Dec 18, 2010
- Indian-origin scientist's energy "Bloom Box" is not revolutionary, say experts - Feb 26, 2010
- eBay registers its first car purchase in India - Sep 16, 2010
- Cuban packages biogas in plastic bags for domestic use - Sep 13, 2012
- eBay slammed with $3.8-billion lawsuit - Jul 15, 2010
- Clemson University's Green Energy Initiative - Nov 28, 2010
Tags: bloom energy, cbs 60 minutes, ebay, energy land, first tv, fuel cells, google, holy grail, landfill gas, launch, magical boxes, new invention, ranjan, silicon valley, source of energy, start ups, tv appearance, tv appearence, ups, using solar energy