‘Blood thirsty’ Christian Bale struggles with vegetarianismMay 22nd, 2009 - 12:25 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 22 (ANI): Christian Bale has been having a hard time being a vegetarian since the actor often craves to eat meat.
The Batman star revealed he had given up being a non-vegetarian at the young age of seven and stayed that way for almost 20 years, until a movie theatre experience egged his compulsion to have meat.
“I was in Toronto and went to see the (1997) movie Life is Beautiful by myself,” Contactmusic quoted him as telling GQ magazine.
“And when I came out, I had a craving for blood unlike anything I had ever experienced since I decided to go vegetarian.
“It was a compulsion. It was undeniable. I went to several restaurants, one right after the other and got the biggest bloodiest steaks I could get my hands on. It was the first time I had tasted flesh in almost 20 years,” he added. (ANI)
- Christian Bale struggles to maintain vegetarianism - May 22, 2009
- Why won't Bale miss Batman costume? - Jun 20, 2012
- Christian Bale doesn't want to be Batman any more - Nov 28, 2011
- Vegans 'at lower risk of heart disease, diabetes and stroke' - Apr 14, 2011
- Go vegetarian, it's healthier: Poorna - Jul 10, 2012
- Bill Clinton Stars on 'Rachael Ray' Show - Sep 20, 2011
- Zarine Khan tries to turn vegetarian - Apr 13, 2012
- Vegetarians at significantly lower heart disease, diabetes and stroke risk - Apr 16, 2011
- 'Dark Knight Rises' Make Batman Fans Expectant - Jan 20, 2011
- Angelina Jolie loves red meat - Aug 29, 2010
- Palak paneer to tandoori - Indian food a hit in Helsinki (Feature) (With Images) - Jun 28, 2012
- Lidl grocery retailer selling reindeer meat - Nov 15, 2010
- Batman's costume gave Bale panic attack - Jul 10, 2012
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' biggest story I've told: Christopher Nolan (Interview) - Jul 11, 2012
- Batman Christian Bale was in Aurora town visiting the shooting victims - Jul 25, 2012