Blige believes future of music relies on WinehouseJanuary 21st, 2008 - 5:18 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Jan 21 (ANI): American R&B singer Mary J. Blige is hoping and praying that Amy Winehouse is able to get over her drugs problem as she believes that the future of music depends on the singer.
Blige feels that the music industry is heading for a rebirth and that talents like Amy Winehouse are needed to help it in recovering from the years of “drought”.
“Someone like Amy Winehouse is so important to the music business right now. It’s very painful (to see her battle drugs). I hope she makes it, Contactmusic reported her as telling Fleetwood MAC star Stevie Nicks in the latest issue of Interview magazine.
“I think it (the music industry) kind of got lost and we ended up in a drought for a while, but I see it making a turn, so instead of music being just synthetic, we’ll see it going back to actual instruments, she added.
That’s what I’m hoping for anyway, because that’s the kind of music I’m making,” she concluded. (ANI)
- Stevie Nicks to perform in 'America's Got Talent' - Jul 27, 2011
- Celebs mourn 'incredible talent' Amy Winehouse's death - Jul 24, 2011
- Amy Winehouse's new album to be released in December - Oct 31, 2011
- Lady Gaga to play Amy Winehouse? - Aug 06, 2011
- Coroner: Amy Winehouse's death is non suspicious - Jul 25, 2011
- Kelly Osbourne sports beehive hairdo at Amy Winehouse's funeral - Jul 26, 2011
- Brand regrets not helping Winehouse - Aug 13, 2012
- Whitney Houston: Another star falls (Roundup) - Feb 12, 2012
- Winehouse reincarnated as butterfly, believes mom - Jul 10, 2012
- Nicki Minaj wants to be an author - Mar 14, 2012
- Winehouse's life-size statue in Camden? - Jun 08, 2012
- Gaga couldn't talk for two days after Amy's death - Aug 02, 2011
- Amy Winehouse’s First Lyrics Found In London’s Trash - Dec 29, 2010
- Amy Winehouse' autopsy is inconclusive - Jul 26, 2011
- Mary J Blige to portray Justice Charlier in 'Rock of Ages' - Jul 21, 2011