Bleu facing lawsuit over film promotionAugust 6th, 2011 - 6:36 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Aug 6 (IANS) “High School Musical” actor Corbin Bleu has been hit with a lawsuit after he reportedly failed to promote his movie “Free Style”.
Bleu played the lead in the 2009 film, which raked in just 825,000 pounds worldwide despite its 6.25 million-pound budget.
The two financiers of the film, Third Eye Capital and Strative Capital, have now filed a suit against Bleu as well as distributors Samuel Goldwyn Films, alleging the movie was not promoted as promised, reports tmz.com.
In the papers filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, they claimed the 22-year-old “refused and failed to perform those services”.
The financiers reportedly put up more than 5.3 million pounds for the film and are seeking 7.5 million pounds in damages.
- Heidi Klum, Seal divorcing? - Jan 22, 2012
- Mena Suvari files for divorce - Jan 16, 2012
- Brazilian Promoters File $4.6M Lawsuit for Fake Rihanna Concerts - Sep 21, 2010
- Writer Nora Ephron passes away - Jun 27, 2012
- 63 nations vie for foreign language film Oscar - Oct 14, 2011
- Ex-manager files lawsuit against MJ's estate - Feb 18, 2012
- 'DAM 999' director unfazed about missing Oscar nomination - Jan 24, 2012
- Courtney Love in legal trouble - Jun 27, 2012
- LiLo's failed drug tests could throw new movie into financial turmoil - Sep 19, 2010
- Sheen miffed at hotel trashing rumours - Jun 30, 2012
- Scorsese faces lawsuit for delayed project - Aug 24, 2012
- Berry hospitalised after getting injured - Jul 19, 2012
- 'DAM 999', its three songs in Oscar race (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Now 'DAM 999' in Original Score Oscar race - Dec 24, 2011
- Wahlberg cuts down price of his house - Sep 15, 2011