Blanchett welcomes criticism from husbandMay 18th, 2010 - 1:04 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 18 (IANS) Australian actress Cate Blanchett, who features alongside Russell Crowe in the just released “Robin Hood”, says she welcomes criticism from her straight-talking husband, playwright Andrew Upton.
“My husband keeps me really honest. I remember him saying to me after I made ‘Elizabeth’ (her 1999 Academy Award nominated role). ‘Sweetheart, you’ve probably got about five years.’ He was preparing me for the time when the work dries up, as it invariably does,” dailymail.co.uk quoted Blanchett as saying.
The actress, who posed for W magazine’s cover issue, also told the magazine that she is not scared of criticism from her partner and knows how to handle it.
“We’re really open,” said Blanchett. “I have friends - she’s an actor-writer married to a director - and she was horrified when we said we were going to work together. She said they don’t talk about work because they don’t want to venture into the territory of being criticised by your partner,” she told W magazine.
“But I know what to do with criticism,” she added.
Reclining on a sofa, wrapped in a silk dress, Blanchett looks picture perfect in the photograph.
Blanchett and Upton have three young sons - Dashiell, 8, Roman, 6, and Ignatius, 2. She says they would love to have another child, regardless of gender.
“If the next one was a boy, then that’s just our lot. It’s true you do get a bit demented (with three boys). But the chaos of it is great.”
- Cate Blanchett loves doing household chores - Nov 28, 2009
- Blanchett wants to be mother more than friend - May 07, 2011
- What secret does Neil keep from his dad? - Jul 25, 2010
- Bollywood seemed funny, yet fascinating: Barbara Mori (Interview) - Apr 28, 2010
- Blanchett takes kids to work - Jul 28, 2012
- Cate Blanchett would love to have more children - May 11, 2009
- Mariah, Nick renew their vows with third wedding - May 02, 2010
- I don't doubt my capabilities as an actor: Neha Dhupia - Jun 05, 2010
- Cate Blanchetts hubby names himself the hand - Oct 25, 2008
- SRK optimistic about KKR's chance in semi-final - Apr 18, 2010
- Cate Blanchett's fitness mantra - Jun 24, 2010
- Christina copies Gaga's look for next video? - Apr 29, 2010
- Indian jewellery store looted in Britain - Jun 09, 2010
- 'Inception' - don't blink or you will miss (Movie Review) - Jul 16, 2010
- Big B to work in Mohanlal's film for free - Apr 17, 2010
Tags: academy award, andrew upton, australian actress, cate blanchett, chaos, criticised, dailymail, dashiell, dries, london, photograph, playwright, robin hood, russell crowe, silk dress, sofa, sweetheart, w magazine