Blanchett pays tribute to McQueen at CannesMay 13th, 2010 - 6:04 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 13 (IANS) Australian actress Cate Blanchett paid tribute to late designer Alexander McQueen at the opening of the Cannes International Film Festival in France by wearing one of his dresses.
The 40-year-old walked the red carpet in a dress that the designer had personally selected for her before his death, reports express.co.uk.
Blanchett looked stunning in the black, ankle-length, off-the-shoulder gown with a silver eagle in flight at the front when she came for the screening of “Robin Hood” at the gala event.
- Cate Blanchett wears Alexander McQueen to Cannes - May 13, 2010
- US First Lady wears Alexander McQueen to state dinner - Jan 20, 2011
- Kate Middleton best dressed bride, say Indian designers - Apr 29, 2011
- Designing Kate's wedding dress was an honour: Sarah Burton - Apr 30, 2011
- From films to fashion - Cannes rolls out red carpet for all (With images) - May 23, 2012
- Hilfiger wants to dress Princess Catherine - May 11, 2011
- Jessica Pitti poses in Alexander McQueen inspired gummy bear dress - Jul 09, 2012
- Ash's Attire Gets Mixed Reactions - May 14, 2010
- 'Robin Hood' Russell Crowe gets stamped - May 07, 2010
- Jessica Chastain's Oscar dress turns heads - Feb 27, 2012
- Vogue editor 'urged Kate Middleton to pick McQueen dress for wedding' - Mar 08, 2011
- Sarah Jessica Parker pays tribute to Alexander Mcqueen - May 29, 2010
- 2010 Cannes Festival Opens With Robin Hood - May 12, 2010
- Fashion designers praise Kate Middleton's 'classic' wedding gown - Apr 30, 2011
- Pippa Middleton: Playing the perfect maid of honour - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: alexander, alexander mcqueen, ankle length, australian actress, black ankle, cannes international film festival, cate blanchett, dresses, express co, gala event, international film festival, london, red carpet, robin hood, shoulder gown, silver eagle, tribute