Blanchett not patient enough to direct filmsMarch 1st, 2012 - 2:13 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 1 (IANS) Actress Cate Blanchett is putting off plans to make her directorial debut because she fears she’s too impatient to see a film to its completion.
The 42-year-old, who is working as co-artistic director at Sydney Theatre Company in her native Australia for the past three years, admits she has her sights set on one particular project, but she’s hesitant to step behind the camera.
“There is a film I’d love to direct, but I just don’t know if I’ve got the patience,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Blanchett as saying.
“In theatre, you can have an idea and get on with it. In film, you hear of people sitting on an idea for eight years, by which time the idea has changed and evolved and become something else,” she added.
- Selma Blair says she has darker side - Jun 25, 2012
- Cate Blanchett calls for improvements in Sydney for theatre - Mar 10, 2011
- Jolie working on a film about Afghanistan - Dec 27, 2011
- Perry hungry for knowledge - Jul 30, 2012
- My film will be hard to sell: Johansson - Nov 29, 2011
- Jessie J an inspiration for Britons, says Picton - Jul 28, 2012
- My mom inspires me: Hudgens - Feb 06, 2012
- I've no time for kids: Cowell - Aug 24, 2011
- Madonna fancies creative men - Sep 02, 2011
- Cosmetic surgery scares Cate Blanchett - Mar 05, 2012
- Kim embarrassed by her wedding - May 16, 2012
- Lawrence comfortable with nude scenes - Mar 16, 2012
- Eliza Doolittle won't mind stripping! - May 17, 2011
- Louis Vuitton to collaborate with Yayoi Kusama - May 24, 2012
- Hilton doesn't copy style! - Jul 09, 2011