Blake Lively loves her role in ‘Savages’July 4th, 2012 - 5:30 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, July 4 (IANS) Blake Lively plays a woman who is into the business of growing marijuana in Oliver Stone’s “Savages”. The actress says she loved her role in the violent drug thriller as it showed a different side of her.
“I feel like all I’ve done lately is play really sexually-charged drug addicts. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I’ve gotta go to Disneyland more and get more excitement.
“I love that it’s so different from everything that I’ve ever known or seen. I love that challenge. I love exploring worlds that are so unknown to me. And having somebody like Oliver made it such a great experience because he gave us so many opportunities,” collider.com quoted Lively as saying.
Lively also said that Stone provided them with a lot of information and research for the movie, reports contactmusic.com.
“He (Oliver) gave us all the knowledge and information we needed. He brought people in, like DEA ((a federal law enforcement agency that combats drug smuggling and use within the US) Agents. I met a little girl who had been kidnapped by the Mexican drug cartel. We met people in all areas of the marijuana field. Then, we also sat with each other, with each character and really rehearsed the movie,” the 24-year-old said.
The movie also stars Taylor Kitsch, Salma Hayek, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and John Travolta.
- Lindsay Lohan loses her dream role - Apr 24, 2011
- Travolta, Thurman may join 'Savages' cast - Apr 23, 2011
- John Travolta, Uma Thurman and Blake Lively to star in 'Savages' - Apr 23, 2011
- Hayek was about to quit acting - Aug 27, 2012
- Hayek bans daughter from 'Savages' set - Jun 18, 2012
- Gomez wants to work with DiCaprio - Sep 16, 2011
- Salma Hayek proud of Mexican roots - Aug 25, 2012
- I like financial independence: Salma - Oct 07, 2011
- Taylor Kitsch's dietary advice - Mar 04, 2012
- Knightley's dancing woes - Sep 07, 2012
- Salma Hayek beats technophobia - Jun 09, 2010
- Film makers were miffed because Gulshan breached their trust - Jan 14, 2011
- Salma Hayek graces the Cannes Festival - May 12, 2011
- Hayek takes husband's last name - May 16, 2010
- Hugh Grant to play captain in 3D pirate movie - May 08, 2011
Tags: aaron taylor, dea, disneyland, drug addicts, drug smuggling, enforcement agency that, federal law enforcement agency, growing marijuana, john travolta, july 4, law enforcement agency, little girl, marijuana field, mexican drug cartel, oliver stone, salma hayek, savages, taylor johnson, taylor kitsch, violent drug