Blake Fielder-Civils victim opens up about his ordealJuly 6th, 2008 - 9:43 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 6 (ANI): The man who was assaulted by Amy Winehouse’s husband Blake Fielder-Civil has spoken publicly about his ordeal for the first time.
Former pub landlord James King, 36, was attacked by Fielder-Civil and his friend Michael Brown after he finished work at The Macbeth in Hoxton, east London, in June 2006.
After being charged with GBH, it is claimed that Fielder-Civil recruited underworld fixer Anthony Kelly, who tried to convince King to accept a 200,000 pounds bribe in return for withdrawing his statement.
“I hope both Blake and Amy rot. The first time I met him was when his boot was smashing into my face,” News of the World quoted King, as saying.
“Since then I’ve been to hell and back - all because he’s stupid enough to think he could buy his freedom through his marriage to her and her millions,” he added.
King also revealed how Fielder Civil sent him a letter of apology from his cell.
“It says, I just wanted to apologise again from the bottom of my heart’. I couldn’t believe it. He signed it Blakey, like we’re old mates. What planet is he on? He thinks it will get him out of prison,” he said.
Speaking about the original pub attack, he continued: “[Blake] went after me because Brown was jealous of me being friendly with his ex. I was by the door when I was punched in the face and fell to the ground. Kicks and punches rained down.”
King spent over seven months in jail after being arrested along with Fielder-Civil and Kelly in November, when police discovered the plot to pervert the course of justice. He was eventually cleared last month.
“I’ve lost my home, a successful business and now I’m sleeping on friends’ floors with everything I own in six prison sacks,” he said.
“I think Blake and Amy are evil. She may not have been directly involved, but it was everything that goes with her that pushed me to the brink. The pair of them have wrecked their lives and now they have ruined mine,” he added. (ANI)
- Winehouse's ex-hubby collapses on hearing of her death - Jul 25, 2011
- Winehouse's ex-husband desperate to come back - Jun 27, 2010
- Blake charged Winehouse 150 pounds a kiss - Sep 06, 2011
- Amy Winehouse to marry ex-husband in Caribbean island - Jan 11, 2010
- Reg Traviss devastated after Winehouse's death - Aug 08, 2011
- Winehouse to turn model for her clothing line - Oct 05, 2010
- Amy Winenhouse to marry ex-husband again! - Nov 22, 2009
- Winehouse to re-marry Blake Fielder-Civil in St Lucia? - Jan 10, 2010
- Winehouse's ex-husband hospitalised - Aug 10, 2012
- Amy Winehouses hubby pleads guilty to GBH and cover-up - Jun 10, 2008
- Winehouse's unheard album to be released - Nov 01, 2011
- Amy Winehouse's posthumous album to be released soon - Aug 01, 2011
- Amy Winehouse 'fears' her ex will reveal 'their secrets' in songs - Mar 25, 2011
- Blake Fielder-Civil planning book on Winheouse ? - Aug 11, 2011
- Winehouse to reconcile with ex-husband? - Aug 17, 2009
Tags: amy winehouse, anthony kelly, blake fielder civil, blakey, bottom of my heart, bribe, east london, face news, friend michael, gbh, hoxton, letter of apology, macbeth, michael brown, news of the world, ordeal, pervert, pub landlord, seven months, successful business