‘Black Swan’ involved in lawsuitDecember 28th, 2010 - 2:34 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 28 (ANI): ‘Black Swan’ has become embroiled in a lawsuit filed by a New York film production company.
Bosses at Overnight LLC are locked in a legal battle with the company’s former president over who won the firm a credit on the new movie.
Executives, led by producer Rick Schwartz, have claimed Aaron Kaufman “misrepresented his knowledge, skill and experience (and) pretended to be knowledgeable about the financing of motion pictures when he was not.”
The suit, filed at a court in Manhattan, accuses him of breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and misappropriation of corporate opportunity.
Kaufman has slammed the claims and hit back, alleging Schwartz only received a credit as executive producer on ‘Black Swan’, starring Natalie Portman, because of his help and has vowed to counter-sue over the matter.
“Literally every point is either baseless or shaded to the point of being a lie. Literally there is not almost a single factual thing in the lawsuit, and he goes after me personally, which is libelous,” the Daily Star quoted Kaufman as telling Reuters. (ANI)
- Winona Ryder Is Sorry For Abusing Natalie Portman - Nov 27, 2010
- Portman gives birth to baby boy - Jun 15, 2011
- Oscar-nominated 'Black Swan' to hit Indian screens Feb 25 - Feb 02, 2011
- Natalie Portman now a belly dancer - Apr 30, 2011
- Natalie Portman says she feared dying on 'Black Swan' sets - Dec 30, 2010
- Portman not in rush for another baby - Aug 20, 2012
- Portman feared dying on 'Black Swan' sets - Dec 30, 2010
- Colin Firth, Natalie Portman win top BAFTA honours - Feb 14, 2011
- Natalie Portman wins best actress (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Natalie Portman marries Benjamin Millepied - Aug 06, 2012
- Portman 'only did 5pc' of dancing in 'Black Swan', claims body double - Mar 27, 2011
- Raunchy Comedy Scripted By Natalie Portman - Nov 13, 2010
- Natalie Portman on a sabbatical from movies - Jan 23, 2011
- Natalie Portman shows off her sexy side in new Miss Dior Cherie ad - Feb 25, 2011
- Portman's Oscars dress sells for $50,000 - Mar 08, 2012
Tags: black swan, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, company bosses, contract breach, daily star, executive producer, film production company, former president, kaufman, knowledge skill, manhattan, misappropriation, motion pictures, natalie portman, new york film, producer rick, reuters, rick schwartz, swan