Black Eyed Peas to play free concert in NY in JuneMay 3rd, 2011 - 4:35 pm ICT by ANI
New York, May 3 (ANI): The Black Eyed Peas are planning to give fans in New York City a free concert this summer.
The hip-hop band - taking a page from Simon and Garfunkle, Garth Brooks, P-Funk and The Dave Matthews Band - are bringing their ‘Boom Boom Pow’ to Central Park on June 9, reports the New York Post.
The show will benefit the Robin Hood Foundation, which fights poverty in New York City, and the Peas’ own foundation that establishes music academies for at-risk youth.
Though the show will be free, tickets will be required to enter the massive area where the concert will be held.
The tickets will be distributed through a random giveaway by registering at blackeyedpeas.robinhood.org starting on May 11.
A handful of VIP tickets offering prime seating also will be available for sale through the Robin Hood Foundation website. (ANI)
- Black Eyed Peas open music school - Apr 21, 2011
- Indian idioms for free-style western performances? The debate grows (Lifestyle Feature) (With Images) - Jun 29, 2012
- Black Eyed Peas 'planning charity concert in Central Park' - Mar 03, 2011
- Black Eyed Peas Gives A Spectacular Performance In Super Bowl XLV - Feb 07, 2011
- Jazz musicians in Delhi mix new sounds with new venues (Feature) (With images) - Jul 23, 2012
- Kanye West's 'Stronger' voted best workout song ever - Apr 08, 2011
- Gaga raises funds for poor - May 11, 2011
- Black Eyed Peas in legal soup over 'I Gotta Feeling', 'Boom Boom Pow' - Oct 30, 2010
- Gaga to donate 625,000 pounds to help homeless youth - Apr 28, 2011
- Country Music Star Garth Brooks' Charity Concert Sold Out For $3.5 million - Nov 08, 2010
- Rascal claims his work influenced Will.I.Am - Jun 25, 2012
- Garth Brooks raises $3.5 million for charity - Nov 08, 2010
- Taylor Swift upset with concert cancellation - Jun 11, 2011
- Soundgarden announce their tour - Apr 15, 2011
- Gaga's piano to go under hammer - Jun 11, 2011
Tags: black eyed peas, boom boom, central park, dave matthews, dave matthews band, garth brooks, handful, hip hop band, massive area, music academies, new york post, own foundation, poverty, pow, prime seating, risk youth, robin hood, robin hood foundation, robinhood, simon and garfunkle