Black Eyed Peas Set To Perform At SuperbowlNovember 27th, 2010 - 8:19 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Nov 27, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Great news for the BEP fans as it was announced during Thursday evening’s game between the Dallas Cowboys and the New Orleans Saints that the Grammy winning group will be performing live at the Superbowl next year. The hip hop moguls will be seen performing on Sunday, February 6,2011 at the Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Though one of the best known groups in the world today, the announcement has received a mixed response from the fans. Some felt that the coveted slot has hosted some of the legendary acts like the Rolling Stones, U2, Bruce Springsteen and the Who (last year) and therefore a group like the Black Eyed Peas has been a slight let down.
The fans of Black Eyed Peas are not complaining though as they can expect a grand performance from the group especially after the hype created by their latest album ‘The Beginning’. Last year the Superbowl became the most watched show in America raking in an unbelievable 106.5 million viewers. For those who have watched the Black Eyed Peas in concert are aware that the group is as well known for their on stage activities as for their songs. Last years concert by the group at the Verizon Center saw them perform in elaborate futuristic suits and helmets. There are also some high-end stage acts seen during their performances.
The Black Eyed Peas have also been in the news for their upcoming album ‘The Beginning’ that releases on November 30. The album has been highly anticipated by the fans as it is a follow up of their last year’s sensational hit ‘The END’.
- Black Eyed Peas Gives A Spectacular Performance In Super Bowl XLV - Feb 07, 2011
- Highights Of The American Music Awards 2010 - Nov 22, 2010
- Superbowl 2011 To Kick Off Today - Feb 06, 2011
- Black Eyed Peas to take hiatus - Jul 10, 2011
- Slash And Usher Execute An Emergence At The Super Bowl On February 6 - Feb 07, 2011
- Black Eyed Peas to headline Super Bowl XLV Halftime Show - Nov 27, 2010
- Arlington Gearing Up To Host Super Bowl 2011 - Jan 24, 2011
- Alejandro Sanz, Tony Bennett perform in Mexico - Oct 28, 2011
- Bill O'Reilly To Interview Barack Obama To Heat Up Super Bowl - Jan 08, 2011
- Taylor Swift upset with concert cancellation - Jun 11, 2011
- Slash And Usher Join Black Eyed Peas For Super Bowl Performance - Feb 07, 2011
- Glee Star Lea Michele To Sing During Super Bowl Pre-Game Festivities - Jan 29, 2011
- Black Eyed Peas to pay tribute to MJ - Sep 25, 2011
- Sports Illustrated Model Genevieve Morton In Super Bowl Party - Feb 01, 2011
- Fergie Ensures No Wardrobe Malfunctions For Super Bowl - Feb 05, 2011
Tags: arlington texas, black eyed peas, black eyed peas in concert, bruce springsteen, dallas cowboys, grand performance, great news, helmets, hip hop moguls, hype, kar, legendary acts, meena, million viewers, new orleans saints, rolling stones, stage activities, superbowl, verizon center, world today