Black attire rules at 57th National Awards ceremonyOctober 22nd, 2010 - 9:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 22 (IANS) Black it seems was the chosen colour for most members of the Indian film fraternity, including Amitabh Bachchan and his son Abhishek, at the 57th National Awards ceremony at Vigyan Bhavan here Friday evening.
Amitabh’s wife Jaya too chose a black-based sari with white motifs, while daughter-in-law Aishwarya went in for a green and purple south Indian silk sari.
Veteran filmmaker D. Ramanaidu too flaunted a formal black to receive the Dadasaheb Phalke award.
The hit “3 Idiots” team of Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Rajkumar Hirani as well as “Behti hawaa…” lyricist Swanand Kirkire also sported black for the formal ceremony at which President Pratibha Patil gave away the awards.
Host Javed Jaffrey wore a black suit, and “Delhi 6″ director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra chose a black sherwani for the occasion.
Others like Oscar winner Resul Pookutty and Amit Trivedi chose to wear Indian attires, as did women celebrities like Divya Dutta, Arundhati Naag, and Ananya Chatterjee, among others.
- Music, Bollywood glitter at 57th National Film Awards ceremony (Roundup) - Oct 22, 2010
- Bollywood shares National Award honours with Malayalam, Bengali cinema (Roundup) - Sep 15, 2010
- My eyes went moist at standing ovation: Amitabh Bachchan - Oct 23, 2010
- National Award inspire us to do better, say winners - Oct 23, 2010
- 57th National Awards: '3 Idiots' bags 'Best Popular film', Amitabh 'Best Actor' award - Sep 15, 2010
- President Pratibha Patil presents 57th national film awards - Oct 22, 2010
- Never thought 'Behti hawa..' will fetch me national award: Kirkire - Sep 15, 2010
- Now, National Film Awards to be held May 3 every year - May 03, 2012
- Standing ovation for Amitabh at National Awards nite - Oct 22, 2010
- Hamid Ansari gives away 59th National Film Awards - May 03, 2012
- Museum on Indian Cinema to be ready by May 2013: Soni - May 03, 2012
- Lyricists on song: Bollywood's unsung wordsmiths (First of a series by IANS on Bollywood's behind-the-scenes people) - Mar 23, 2011
- This should have been Bachchan's 25th National Award: Balki - Sep 16, 2010
- Dharmendra to get Phalke Ratna award - Apr 21, 2011
- Vivek Oberoi receives Global Green Award at IIFA - Jun 06, 2010
Tags: abhishek, amitabh bachchan, attires, black suit, dadasaheb phalke award, divya dutta, formal ceremony, indian film, indian silk, mehra, naag, president pratibha patil, resul, sherwani, silk sari, trivedi, veteran filmmaker, vinod chopra, wife jaya, women celebrities