‘Bittoo Boss’ sans stars’ special appearancesApril 10th, 2012 - 2:19 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 10 (IANS) Actress-producer Amita Pathak, who will be seen in “Bittoo Boss” along with newcomer Pulkit Samrat, says that the film’s script demanded new faces and that no stars are making any special appearances in the movie.
“We just felt that it was not required and getting some established stars would not justify the film. The film demanded fresh faces,” Amita, daughter of producer Kumar Mangat, told IANS.
Directed by Supavitra Babul, the film is scheduled to release April 13.
“No, established stars are not doing any special appearance in the film. Ajay Devgn, Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt are involved behind the cameras. They were involved in guiding me. Salman had come for the music launch, Sanjay invited us for his show SFL (Super Fight League). Ajay is always there guiding me behind the cameras,” she said.
Amita had earlier produced Ajay and Konkona Sen Sharma starrer “Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge?” and the film had done a good business at the box office, but she says her priority has always been acting.
“‘Atithi Tum Kab Jaooge?’ was my first production. It was like a learning experience for me. It did really well and everybody appreciated it. It feels really great,” she said.
“I am very clear about one thing - if I am producing a film, then I am not acting in it. I don’t know about future, but right now I want to focus only on acting. Acting is what I always wanted to do. Production is my family business and I will take it forward in future,” she added.
Amita debuted as an actress with “Hale Dil” opposite Adhyayan Suman, but the film bombed at the box office. She says lot of things went wrong with that film.
In “Bitto Boss”, she is sharing the screen space with television actor Pulkit and says she had a great chemistry with him.
“Pulkit and me have been friends for a long time. When I had gone to audition for the film, I met Pulkit. He was stunned to see me and asked me you are auditioning for your own production house?”
“It was great fun working with him. I was lucky to have him in this film. We shared a great chemistry,” she added.
The promos of “Bittoo Boss” looks similar to that of “Band Baaja Baaraat”, but Amita doesn’t think so and said: “I disagree, ‘Bittoo Boss’ has no similarity with ‘Band Baaja Baaraat’. It’s a fresh film. In Punjab, at every house you will find a Bittoo. There is a Punjabi wedding happening in the film.”
- Nervousness is good, says Pulkit Samrat - Mar 30, 2012
- 'Bittoo Boss' wrapped up on time, director happy (With Images) - Jan 03, 2012
- 'Bittoo Boss' endearing, likeable (IANS Movie Review) - Apr 13, 2012
- Salman likes 'Bittoo Boss', Pulkit happy - Apr 13, 2012
- Priyanka hates being grown up (Movie Snippets) - Feb 23, 2012
- I'm not dating Amita Pathak: Pulkit (Movie Snippets) - Mar 20, 2012
- Light-hearted comedies to entertain this weekend (IANS Preview) - Apr 09, 2012
- For 'Ladies vs Ricky Bahl', Ranveer-Anushka in sync - Nov 23, 2011
- 'Once Upon A Time…' leads IIFA nominations - Apr 02, 2011
- Ajay Devgn Visits Ajmer Sharif - Jan 04, 2010
- Pulkit dons transformed look for 'Fukrey' - Sep 21, 2012
- Band Baaja Baaraat: Interview Of Ranveer Singh - Dec 09, 2010
- Ranveer Singh: BBB Came To Me When I Was Going Through Bad Times" - Nov 01, 2010
- Movie producer buys film rights of short story - Nov 26, 2009
- 3 National Awards winners come together for Atithi Tum Kab Jaaoge?' - Jan 14, 2010
Tags: actress, box office, dil, family business, fresh faces, good business, kab, konkona sen sharma, learning experience, music launch, new faces, newcomer, pathak, salman khan, samrat, sanjay dutt, screen space, suman, television actor, tum