Bipasha’s new year resolution - be a harmless liarDecember 26th, 2011 - 10:02 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Dec 26 (IANS) Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu Monday said she wants to become a harmless liar because sometimes lies helps in getting out of sticky situations.
“In 2011, I took a resolution that I am going to learn (the art) of lying a bit as it sometimes helps. I am a pathetic liar. In 2011, I failed badly. So in 2012, I think, I will try and perfect a bit.
“I will try to learn to say harmless lies. I want to be a harmless liar and sometimes I’ll lie to get out of sticky situation media puts you into,” she said while addressing a promotional media conference of her up coming movie “Players”.
Directed by Abbas-Mustan, the action thriller is based on 2003 Hollywood movie “The Italian Job” and also features Abhishek Bachchan, Bobby Deol, Sonam Kapoor, Neil Nitin Mukesh and Sikander Kher.
Releasing Jan 6, the film has been shot in India, New Zealand and Russia.
It was loyalty factor that forced the 32-year-old to sign the star studded movie.
“Firstly, it was my loyalty to my first directors and I know whenever they make a film, it always entertains the audience and it is always a winner. Also, the fact that every time they had presented me on screen, it received rave reviews. When I heard the screenplay, it was really fascinating,” said Bipasha.
She made her Bollywood debut with Abbas-Mustan’s “Ajnabee” and later featured in their 2008 hit “Race”.
Talking about “Players”, she said: “We are making an adaptation of ‘The Italian Job’. But it not exactly the ‘The Italian Job’ because it was made in 2003 and this adaptation will cater the needs of 2012. So, the action is bigger. There are new characters, the screenplay has more twists and turns. It is more of an Abbas-Mustan kind of thriller now.”
Bipasha also enjoying the reviews she is receiving for her dance number “Ho gayi toon” in the movie.
“The song is important to the screenplay. People like it and I am really excited about it. We tried to adopt the cabaret and costume of Helenji’s era,” she said.
- Bipasha thanks Bobby, Akshay for career - Dec 26, 2011
- Abhishek in awe of Michael Caine - Nov 24, 2011
- Abbas-Mustan keen to make TV show - Mar 14, 2012
- I enjoyed doing stunts in 'Players': Neil - Nov 23, 2011
- Watch 'Players' for high-speed action (IANS Preview) - Jan 02, 2012
- Boys were boys on 'Players' sets - Nov 02, 2011
- Abhishek, Bipasha meet New Zealand PM - Jun 30, 2011
- Bipasha bags her first Hollywood project - Oct 31, 2010
- Bipasha has taken fitness to a different level: Neil - Dec 12, 2011
- Abbas-Mustan's clarity, precision impresses Abhishek - Dec 16, 2011
- My sign language skill improved in Russia: Bipasha - May 20, 2011
- 'Race 2' to hit screens Nov 2012 - Nov 22, 2011
- Farhan fights flu with 3G (Movie Snippets) - Nov 22, 2011
- Sonam Replaces Katrina For The 'Job' - Aug 14, 2010
- I'm open to criticism: Sikander Kher - Nov 19, 2011
Tags: abbas mustan, abhishek bachchan, action thriller, adaptation, ajnabee, bipasha basu, bobby deol, cabaret, costum, dance number, italian job, new year resolution, nitin mukesh, pathetic liar, screenplay, sikander kher, sonam kapoor, sticky situation, sticky situations, twists