Bipasha does not portray Kashmiri separatist leader in ‘Lamhaa’January 14th, 2009 - 8:28 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Jan 14 (IANS) Bollywood star Bipasha Basu’s role in Rahul Dholakia directed “Lamhaa” doesn’t portray the life of a woman Kashmiri separatist leader Asiya Andrabi, the director said Wednesday.The denial comes after media reports that Bipasha plays the role which resembles Andrabi, the chief of the Dukhtaran-e-Millat outfit, who had threatened to launch a legal action against the filmmaker.
“Bipasha’s role in my film is not even remotely connected with the life of Asiya Andrabi,” Dholakia, who is currently shooting the movie in the Kashmir Valley, told IANS.
“Asiya’s life is so amazing that if anyone ever wanted to portray it in a film, the entire movie would have to be based on it,” Dholakia said.
The director termed as speculations some media reports that Bipasha was playing the life of Asiya Andrabi in his film.
The shooting of the movie was earlier jeorpardised after Bipasha stormed out of the film’s outdoor stint in the valley last October when angry crowds had intervened at a number of places to stop the shoot.
However, the film crew returned earlier this month and the shooting has been going on smoothly. The director said the unit would take another week to complete its shooting in the valley.
“My film is an absolutely positive film about Kashmir and its people. We have been shooting the film at various locations in both uptown and old city areas of Srinagar and the response of the people here has been encouraging,” he said.
“In fact, hundreds of fans of Sanjay Dutt have been turning out to watch the shooting at different locations.”
On his earlier disturbing experience, Dholakia said: “My press conference here last year cleared the misgivings about ‘Lamhaa’.”
“Bipasha, who had then suddenly left the valley, is also back for the shooting of the film and she and everybody else in the crew is happy with the people’s response here this time.”
- 'Lamhaa' director denies any notice from Kashmiri separatist leader - Jan 18, 2009
- Top Kashmir woman separatist leader arrested (Lead) - Aug 28, 2010
- Kashmiri woman separatist leader Andrabi arrested (Second Lead) - Aug 28, 2010
- 'Lamhaa' is about the turmoil in Kashmir Valley (IANS Preview) - Jul 12, 2010
- 'Lamhaa' happened after I spoke to Kashmiri students: Dholakia - Jun 28, 2010
- No More Fluff Stuff: Bipasha Basu Tackles More Traumatic Roles - Aug 04, 2010
- Cellphones recovered from Kashmir prison - Apr 17, 2011
- No more glamour fluff for Bipasha Basu - Aug 05, 2010
- Dholakia to take Kashimiris to Jammu to watch 'Lamhaa' - Jul 20, 2010
- LeT raises new all-women terror outfit for Kashmir - Jan 03, 2012
- Dholakia to write book on Kashmir - Jul 15, 2010
- Interlocutors visit Kot Bhalwal jail in Jammu (Third Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Omar hits out at woman separatist leader - Aug 18, 2010
- Munnabhai Sanjay Dutt arrives in Srinagar for shooting - Jan 08, 2009
- Women's group protests in Kashmir over Assam, Myanmar - Aug 17, 2012
Tags: angry crowds, asiya andrabi, bipasha basu, bollywood star, city areas, denial, dholakia, fact hundreds, film crew, filmmaker, kashmir, kashmir valley, millat, misgivings, sanjay dutt, separatist leader, speculations, srinagar, stint