Bipasha detained at airport, pays Rs.12,000 (Lead)May 26th, 2011 - 5:42 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 26 (IANS) Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu was Thursday detained at the Mumbai international airport for carrying excess baggage and was released after she agreed to pay extra tax.
The 32-year-old was returning from London. She was detained for about 30 minutes, said a source close to the actress.
Bipasha said in a statement: “It was a routine check and many others were being checked as well. I paid Rs.12,000 as tax against some personal goods.”
And she added: “I think the Customs is doing an excellent job.”
She declined to reveal the items for which she had to pay tax, saying they were for her personal use.
On May 18, Bollywood actress Minissha Lamba was detained at the Mumbai airport for 16 hours by the customs for carrying undeclared jewellery worth nearly Rs.50 lakh.
Lamba was intercepted by officials while she was crossing the Green Channel. She was reportedly returning from the Cannes International Films Festival.
- I paid Rs.12,000 for excess baggage: Bipasha - May 26, 2011
- Bipasha pays for excess baggage at airport (Second Lead) - May 26, 2011
- Ekta Kapoor detained at airport, released - Aug 08, 2011
- Mallika Sherawat's brother detained at Mumbai airport - Jun 07, 2011
- Not questioned by customs: Dia Mirza - Jan 07, 2012
- Dia Mirza fined for undeclared goods by customs - Jan 07, 2012
- Minissha Lamba held at airport with undeclared jewellery - May 19, 2011
- Jewellery still with customs, says Minissha Lamba - Jun 03, 2011
- Airport detentions on the rise for Bollywood stars - Jun 29, 2011
- It is an open and shut case: Minissha - May 20, 2011
- I'll go to Cannes every year now: Minissha Lamba (Interview) - May 22, 2011
- Shobhaa De takes a dig at Cannes-returned Minissha (Movie Snippets) - May 19, 2011
- Who's likely to head to Cannes from B-Town? - Apr 07, 2012
- Anushka Sharma's baggage verified at Mumbai airport - Jun 27, 2011
- Looking forward to work with Kabir again: Katrina Kaif (Movie Snippets) - May 08, 2011
Tags: 30 minutes, actress, bipasha basu, cannes international, customs, excess baggage, international films festival, job, london, minissha lamba, mumbai airport, personal goods, personal use, routine check