Bipasha Basu lonely on Durga PujaOctober 9th, 2008 - 3:33 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 9 (IANS) Bengali beauty Bipasha Basu is depressed because she couldn’t head back home to Kolkata to celebrate Durga Puja with her family and, to top it, beau John Abraham is also not in town.”I wanted to go to Kolkata for Durga Puja. It’s a family puja started by my grandfather and we’ve kept up the tradition every year. The whole family makes it a point to be in Kolkata for the family puja. But I can’t!”
The last time Bipasha attended the puja it was five years ago.
“And it was a disaster. John (Abraham) had accompanied me and the entire focus shifted from the solemnity of the occasion. We were mobbed. It was so embarrassing.”
She has not been able to join her family for the celebration, thanks to her hectic work schedule.
“Every year it has become the same. For the last five years, I’ve been trying my level-best to make it home to Kolkata. But it never works out. This year I’m busier than ever.
“I’m totally drained out with rehearsals meeting and preparations for my Kashmiri’s role in ‘Lamhaa’, which starts very shortly. I’m doing my looks, clothes, not to mention my diction and action classes. It’s hectic and exhausting for me.”
“Durga Puja is the best time of the year for every Bengali. I get into a major sulk because I don’t get to be with the family. Every year my parents and sisters go. I can’t. I get very lonely as I depend on my mom for all ritualistic puja. This year my younger sister Vijayeta is giving her exams in Mumbai. So she too had to stay back. So it’s the two of us girls at home missing out on all the festivities in Kolkata.”
To top it all John is away shooting in New York.
“Normally on Mahaasthmi (eighth day of Navaratri) John and I go to a pandal (marquee) close by to pray. But this year even he wasn’t there.”
Bipasha describes her relationship with god as conversational.
“My everyday interaction with god is one-to-one. I don’t know any religious mantras though I love to hear my mom when she chants the shlokas and mantras during any puja in my house.”
- Bipasha To Come To Kolkata For Durga Puja Celebrations - Oct 11, 2010
- Bipasha wants to go home for Durga Puja - Oct 09, 2010
- Bipasha on thanking spree! (Movie Snippets) - Jan 02, 2012
- Pranab dons the priest's robe during Durga Puja - Oct 05, 2011
- Dia excited about first Bengali movie - Mar 30, 2012
- For many Kolkata celebs, home is where Durga Puja is - Oct 12, 2010
- Sushmita plans to be in Kolkata for Durga Puja - Sep 12, 2010
- Mahalaya invokes Goddess Durga, puja countdown begins - Sep 27, 2011
- Dia Mirza dubs for first Bengali film (With Image) - Apr 01, 2012
- I had a broken life, but I've evolved now: Bipasha - Sep 11, 2012
- 'Happy Mother's day', tweets Bollywood - May 13, 2012
- Relationship with John over for good: Bipasha - Jul 23, 2011
- Bollywood celebs to ring in Diwali with family, friends - Nov 02, 2010
- Superstars are remembered only when they die: Bipasha Basu (Interview) - Aug 24, 2012
- I dunno, says John on marriage plans (Movie Snippets) - Jul 30, 2012