Biopic on reggae legend Bob MarleyAugust 21st, 2010 - 2:30 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 21 (IANS) British director Jenny Ash has announced making a biopic about reggae music legend Bob Marley.
Ash is developing a project about the reggae artist, focusing on the time he spend living here, reports contactmusic.com.
“There’s never been a fiction film about Marley. We’ve never had a sense of him as a real man, as opposed to the legend,” said Ash.
Marley lived in the British capital in 1977, after an attempt was made on his life in Jamaica. While there he hung out with the likes of the Sex Pistols band and other punk rockers.
Greenacre Films’ Amanda Jenks and Nadine Marsh Edwards are going to produce the project.
However, Ash does not yet have the right to use his songs in the project, a stumbling block which has left other planned biopics of Marvin Gaye and Janis Jopling in the shade.
She did not reveal who was in line to play the “No Woman No Cry” hitmaker.
- Bob Marley film to be shown at Berlin fest - Jan 23, 2012
- Bob Marley family loses copyright fight with Universal Music Group - Sep 15, 2010
- Bob Marley 'blacked up with shoe polish in a bid to appear more African' - Dec 05, 2010
- 'Making of greatest album of the 1980s' to become a movie - Dec 01, 2010
- Gallagher calls Beatles biopic a 'mega' project - Nov 21, 2011
- Marley's family wins image rights case - Jan 23, 2011
- Bob Marley's song voted Jamaica's unofficial national anthem - Apr 25, 2009
- Now, Jonathan Demme 'pulls out' of Bob Marley documentary - Aug 14, 2009
- Prince Harry wants to be reggae DJ? - May 08, 2012
- Russell Crowe to direct feature film - Jul 24, 2012
- Filmmaker in search of Divya Bharti's look-alike - Jul 14, 2012
- Brazilian supermodel to wed one of Bob Marley's sons - May 14, 2012
- Bob Marley's son defends controversial book about dad - Mar 18, 2010
- James Franco to play Hugh Hefner? - Dec 21, 2011
- Amy Adams to play late rocker Janis Joplin in biopic - Oct 02, 2010
Tags: ash, biopic, biopics, bob marley, british director, fiction film, jenks, jopling, legend bob marley, marsh, marvin gaye, music legend, nadine, punk rockers, real man, reggae artist, reggae legend, sex pistols, sex pistols band, stumbling block