Billy Ray Cyrus regrets being friends with kidsFebruary 21st, 2011 - 7:50 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Feb 21 (IANS) Singer Billy Ray Cyrus, father of Miley Cyrus, says he regrets being a friend to his kids.The country star has always been close to his children, Miley, Braison and Noah, as well as estranged wife Tish’s kids - Brandi and Trace Cyrus- from a previous relationship. However, after seeing his daughter getting involved in controversies he laments he would have been a firm father, reports aceshowbiz.com.
“How many interviews did I give and say, ‘You know what’s important between me and Miley is I try to be a friend to my kids’? I said it a lot,” he told GQ magazine.
“And sometimes I would even read other parents might say, ‘You don’t need to be a friend, you need to be a parent.’ Well, I’m the first guy to say to them right now: You were right. I should have been a better parent,” he added.
- I should have been a better parent to Miley, says Billy Ray Cyrus - Feb 19, 2011
- Billy Ray Cyrus And Tish Cyrus Splits After 17 Years Of Marriage - Oct 28, 2010
- Miley Cyrus' parents divorce after 17-year marriage - Oct 28, 2010
- Billy Ray Cyrus seeks joint custody of children - Oct 30, 2010
- Billy Ray Cyrus Seeking Joint Custody of Kids - Oct 29, 2010
- Billy Ray Cyrus working to 'mend relationship with Miley' - Feb 24, 2011
- Miley Cyrus upset with dad's comments in GQ - Feb 26, 2011
- Parents' divorce has left Miley Cyrus upset - Nov 04, 2010
- 'Hannah Montana' destroyed my family, says Miley Cyrus's dad - Feb 15, 2011
- Whats Up Between Tish Cyrus And Bret Michaels? - Nov 04, 2010
- Billy Ray worried about Miley Cyrus - Feb 16, 2011
- Brett Michaels denies affair with Miley Cyrus' mom - Nov 03, 2010
- Miley Back With Liam Hemsworth, Why? - Oct 30, 2010
- Billy Ray Cyrus Takes To Twitter To Apologize For Daughter's Bong Video - Dec 11, 2010
- Are Miley's Parents Concerned About Her Sexual Acts? - Nov 19, 2010