Billy Elliot’s Jamie Bell tipped to play teenage Spider-Man?May 30th, 2010 - 2:26 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 30 (ANI): Billy Elliot star Jamie Bell may be roped in to play teenage Spider-Man in the fourth installment of the superhero franchise.
Movie producers are eyeing a prequel, taking character Peter Parker back to high school before he became the superhero, portrayed by Tobey Maguire in the first three films.
According to Heat Vision Blog, along with The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus star Andrew Garfield and Josh Hutcherson from Journey to the Center of the Earth, casting executives are reportedly considering Bell for the lead role, reports The Daily Express.
Maguire and director Sam Raimi quit the franchise earlier this year. (ANI)
- Johnson, Yelchin may act in 'Spider-Man' reboot - Jun 13, 2010
- Fans will love Andrew Garfield as Spiderman: Marc Webb - Jul 08, 2010
- Andrew Garfield is the new Spider Man - Jul 02, 2010
- Kirsten Dunst backs new 'Spider-Man' cast - Nov 18, 2010
- Is Jamie Bell the next Spider-Man? - Jun 09, 2010
- Jamie Bell to play 'Spider Man'? - May 30, 2010
- Jamie Bell-The New Spider-Man? - Jun 09, 2010
- Andrew Garfield All Set To Play "Spider-Man" - Jul 02, 2010
- 'Spider-Man' role is a dream come true: Andrew Garfield - Feb 01, 2011
- Amazing Spider-Man trailer released - Feb 08, 2012
- Martin Sheen to play Spider-Man's uncle - Nov 06, 2010
- Will Logan Lerman be the new 'Spider-Man'? - Feb 05, 2010
- 'Spider-man 4' goes 3-D - Feb 12, 2010
- British Actor Andrew Garfield Bags Lead Role In Spider-Man - Jul 03, 2010
- Tobey Maguire, Sam Raimi quit 'Spider-Man 4' - Jan 12, 2010
Tags: billy elliot, center of the earth, daily express, director sam raimi, franchise, garfield, imaginarium, jamie bell, josh hutcherson, journey to the center, journey to the center of the earth, lead role, london, peter parker, prequel, producers, sam raimi, spider man, three films, tobey maguire