Bill Medley’s Ex-wife’s Murder Case About To Be Re-openedJune 30th, 2009 - 8:55 pm ICT by GD
The cold case of singer/songwriter Bill Medley’s ex wife’s murder is again to be re opened as Los Angeles Country sheriff’s homicide detectives pleaded to the public to help them in order to uncork the mystery.
Karen Klaas was brutally raped and murdered on Jan 30, 1976 as she was returning to her home in Hermosa Beach. Raped and strangled with her pantyhose the lady never regained her consciousness and died in a hospital few days later. Reports say that there were two witnesses who had seen the murderer. The culprit is yet to be found. Decades later Medley was contacted by detectives who wants him to spread the word about re opening the guess. “The beach town has only about one homicide in every five years and Klaas slaying remains as its longest enduring mystery,” says Hermosa police Lt. Tom Thompson. “We have a DNA profile. However that DNA profile has not resulted in a hit in the CODIS database,” said Los Angeles police detective Paul Becker. The detectives have interrogated many but hasn’t come up with any positive result yet. “We start all over again….see if we can identify people who hadn’t been contacted before,” said homicide Sgt. Tom Harris.
Klaas was married to Bill Medley, one half of the legendary duo of Righteous Brothers. During the time of her death Medley was already divorced. The two had a son together. “She just was a wonderful alive beautiful girl. Even we were divorced, it was very friendly and wonderful you know,” Medley wounds up. The recent development of the case will be something to watch for as the hunt for the guilty mystifies.
- US reopens investigation into the Natalie Wood case - Nov 18, 2011
- Lohan splurges on surfing kit for brother - Aug 16, 2012
- Joseph Hyungmin Son convicted - Aug 30, 2011
- Los Angeles serial killer 'Grim Sleeper' arrested - Jul 08, 2010
- 'Desperate Housewife' star Brenda Strong files for divorce - Jan 15, 2011
- Grim Sleeper Suspect Arrested And Suspected Of More Murders - Jul 10, 2010
- Holmes changes Suri's wardrobe - Jul 18, 2012
- Tom Cruise deeply saddened by divorce - Jun 30, 2012
- Cameron Diaz & A-Rod dine with Bill Clinton - Jan 22, 2011
- Holmes cancels red carpet appearance - Jul 29, 2012
- Cruise to file for divorce in Los Angeles - Jul 02, 2012
- Holmes to receive $400,000 from Cruise - Aug 25, 2012
- Holmes to get $15 mn from Cruise? - Jul 01, 2012
- Jodie Sweetin And Cody Herpin Divorced At Last - Apr 22, 2010
- Is Katie Holmes dating Jeremy Strong? - Sep 05, 2012
Tags: beautiful girl, bill medley, codis database, cold case, culprit, dna profile, homicide detectives, homicide sgt, klaas, legendary duo, medley one, murder case, paul becker, police detective, police lt, righteous brothers, singer songwriter, tom harris, tom thompson, two witnesses