Bill Condon to direct final ‘Twilight’ movieApril 30th, 2010 - 1:03 am ICT by IANS
London, April 29 (IANS) Putting all speculations to rest, the producers of “Twilight” have announced that Oscar-award winning Bill Condon has been signed up to direct the final instalment of the hit vampire franchise.
The filmmaker who was among a number of names mooted to direct the movie, including Sofia Coppola and Gus Van Sant has been picked by Summit Entertainment, to shoot the fourth and final instalment “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn” in the vampire franchise based on the novel by Stephenie Meyer.
“I’m very excited to get the chance to bring the climax of this saga to life on screen. As fans of the series know, this is a one-of-a-kind book and we’re hoping to create an equally unique cinematic experience,” Condon said in a statement.
Summit have yet to announced if the new movie which features the last chapter in the love story of vampire Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson) and human Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) will be split into two films, although it is widely believed it will be.
Erik Feig, president of the film studio, claimed Condon whose credits include writing and directing “Dreamgirls”, “Kinsey” and “Gods and Monsters” had just the right amount of “subtle sensitivity” to shoot the movie.
“Bringing Stephenie Meyer’s ‘Breaking Dawn’ to the screen requires a graceful and intelligent hand and we believe Bill Condon is exactly the right steward, having shown equal and abundant talents of immense creativity and subtle sensitivity,” Feig said in a statement.
The third film in the franchise “Eclipse”, directed by David Slade, will hit the US screens June 30.
- Bill Condon to helm 4th Twilight movie - May 08, 2010
- 'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn' Geared Up To Release In 2011 - May 06, 2010
- Stewart reveals top directors line-up for 'Twilight' finale - Mar 17, 2010
- Next 'Twilight' installment to go on floors - Jul 12, 2010
- Search For Director Is On For Twilight Series' 'Breaking Dawn' - Mar 28, 2010
- 'Twilight: Breaking Dawn' to be released in 2011 - May 07, 2010
- Twilight series: What Makes Fans Go Crazy? - Dec 04, 2010
- 'Breaking Dawn...' sets new record - Nov 22, 2011
- Pattinson feels too old for more 'Twilight' movies - Feb 19, 2012
- Official Title Card Of Breaking Dawn- Part 1 Released - Jan 22, 2011
- Mackenzie Foy Playing Renesmee In 'Breaking Dawn', Reports Indicate - Sep 29, 2010
- Robert Pattinson Verbalizes That Sex Scenes With Kristen Stewart In Upcoming 'Twilight' Film Were Akin To A Twister - Jan 19, 2011
- Taylor Lautner in 'Grown Ups 2'? - Apr 06, 2012
- Would love to work with SRK: 'Twilight' star Kristen Stewart - Oct 30, 2011
- 'Breaking Dawn' to release Nov 18 - Sep 21, 2011
Tags: abundant talents, bill condon, breaking dawn, cinematic experience, david slade, dreamgirls, feig, film studio, gods and monsters, gus van sant, instalment, kristen stewart, number of names, oscar award, robert pattinson, sofia coppola, speculations, stephenie meyer, summit entertainment, two films