Bill Clinton agrees to disclose names of foundation donorsNovember 20th, 2008 - 1:26 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Nov.20 (ANI): Former U.S. President Bill Clinton has agreed to disclose the names of donors contributing to his foundation in what can be seen as a breaking of ice with the Obama transition team, to enable his wife, Hillary, to become the next Secretary of State.
Aides to both Obama and Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) said that a formal job offer had not been made, but the former president’’s decision to disclose the identities of donors to his charitable foundation and to vet his future speeches and overseas activities with members of the Obama administration appears to have removed some of the biggest hurdles to her nomination.
Obama aides said yesterday that it would now be difficult for Senator Clinton to walk away from the offer, should it be made. Obama’’s staff has thoroughly vetted both Clintons with the understanding that, if he should make an official job offer, she would accept, reports the Washington Post.
Obama’’s consideration of Clinton for the top diplomatic post has puzzled supporters of other contenders. It also has perplexed rank-and-file Obama supporters who heard the candidate spend most of the primary contest critiquing Clinton’’s foreign-policy mindset. (ANI)
- Vetting of Bill Clintons finances could cost Hillary her Cabinet post - Nov 18, 2008
- Obama on track to name Hillary as Secretary of State - Nov 21, 2008
- Terror leader offers camels to capture Obama, chickens for Hillary - Jun 10, 2012
- Clinton will be Secretary Of State provided vetting process is smooth - Nov 20, 2008
- Hillary might reject Secretary of State offer - Nov 19, 2008
- Hillary Clinton's mother dies at 92 - Nov 02, 2011
- Clinton evolves into Obama's `Mr. Fix It' - May 29, 2010
- Hillary Clinton's mother dies at 92 - Nov 01, 2011
- Woodward book details Obama battles with advisers over Afghan exit plan - Sep 22, 2010
- Obama's dilemma: two Clintons for the price of one! - Nov 20, 2008
- Clinton celebrates 64th birthday with A-listers - Aug 23, 2010
- Middle East peace: Clinton facing crucial test - Sep 05, 2010
- Hillary Clinton has no plans to head World Bank - Feb 16, 2012
- Obama fills White House positions, still vetting Clinton - Nov 20, 2008
- Clinton vindicated over UNSC Libya no-fly zone proposal - Mar 18, 2011
Tags: aides, bill clinton, charitable foundation, clintons, contenders, diplomatic post, formal job, former president, foundation donors, hillary rodham clinton, hurdles, job offer, mindset, president bill clinton, rank and file, sen hillary rodham clinton, senator clinton, transition team, washington post, wife hillary