‘Bigg Boss 4′ under ministry scanner (Roundup)November 17th, 2010 - 8:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 17 (IANS) For all its vulgarity, obscenity, intimacy and abuses, Colors’ sensational reality show “Bigg Boss 4″ is finally under the scanner of the information and broadcasting ministry, which has ordered its telecast only between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. And the two troublemakers on the show - loud-mouthed Dolly Bindra and angry man Sameer Soni - have already been evicted.
The ministry put its foot down Wednesday on the content of “Bigg Boss 4″, which is replete with obscene language and private moments between celebrities on national television without much censorship.
Imagine TV’s “Rakhi Ka Insaaf” has also been ordered to be aired only between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m.
The channels will also have to schedule the repeat telecast of these shows in the same time slot and have been barred from share any video footage of their shows with news channels for promotions.
Actors and former “Bigg Boss” participants have hailed the ministry’s notice, which it issued as it felt that the show’s content was not fit for family viewing.
Model Aanchal Kumar, who was on “Bigg Boss 4″ until last week, told IANS: “I think they have taken the right decision. The quality of the content has gone down to a large extent. I was a contestant on the show, so I can say there were a few situations which made me feel uncomfortable and uneasy.”
Actress turned host Mandira Bedi posted a message on Twitter: “I haven’t always been in concurrence with some of the previous criteria for censorship. But this, I think is a good call by the I&B ministry. In contrast, ‘KBC 4′ (Kaun Banega Crorepati) is clean, wholesome entertainment with a highly respectful host and rates brilliantly. Now that’s good television.”
The fourth season of “Bigg Boss” spelt controversy from its first day - more so with the line-up of Rahul Bhatt, Ashmit Patel, Seema Parihar and two Pakistani contestants - Begum Nawazish Ali and Veena Malik - among others.
WWE wrestler The Great Khali added zing to the show with his surprise entry, and when Dolly Bindra walked in, it raised many eyebrows within the house. She played a troublemaker from day one and finally ended up irking even model-actor Sameer Soni, who had until now been one of the most sane contestants on the show.
Thanks to their severe verbal fight, both have been evicted out of the show.
Even TV actors Sara Khan and Ali Merchant’s wedding on the show created a lot of confusion, especially after a Bhopal resident filed a petition against Colors for the “fake wedding”.
Also, Veena Malik and Ashmit Patel’s intimacy is becoming too hot to handle.
The channel is also trying to spice up the show by bringing in former “Baywatch” babe Pamela Anderson on “Bigg Boss”.
- TV actors hail ministry's decision on 'Bigg Boss' - Nov 17, 2010
- 'Bigg Boss', 'Rakhi Ka Insaaf' can only air after 11 pm: Ministry - Nov 17, 2010
- Pamela boosts 'Bigg Boss 4' TRPs - Nov 18, 2010
- 'Bigg Boss 4' And "Rakhi Ka Insaaf' Faces I & B Ministry Order - Nov 19, 2010
- Case against Salman Khan, 'Bigg Boss' makers for vulgarity - Nov 19, 2010
- Small screen's controversy queens - Feb 21, 2011
- Veena is strange, Dolly unbearable: Aanchal Kumar - Nov 13, 2010
- Bigg Boss 4 Day 65: Is Ashmit Patel the next 'Dolly Bindra' of the Bigg Boss house? - Dec 09, 2010
- Will Dolly Bindra Re-Enter Bigg Boss ? - Nov 26, 2010
- Pamela goes desi with bangles, bindi, sari for 'Bigg Boss 4' - Nov 17, 2010
- Bigg Boss 4 : Day 87 In The House, Garnished With Some Emotions - Dec 31, 2010
- Ali Merchant to leave 'Bigg Boss' house - Nov 12, 2010
- Bigg Boss 4: Why Khali, The Great Almost Lost His Cool Nature? - Dec 30, 2010
- Pamela Anderson enters 'Bigg Boss 4' Wednesday - Nov 15, 2010
- I'm ready to go back to 'Bigg Boss': Dolly Bindra - Nov 19, 2010
Tags: angry man, ashmit patel, bigg boss, crorepati, dolly bindra, foot down, great khali, insaaf, mandira bedi, national television, news channels, obscene language, private moments, rahul bhatt, rakhi, seema parihar, time slot, twitter, veena malik, wholesome entertainment