Big Pictures Unveils First Look Of KitesMay 15th, 2009 - 7:24 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
AT CANNES FILM FESTIVAL 2009
BIG Pictures, motion pictures brand of Reliance Big Entertainment Ltd today unveiled the first look of KITES, its tent pole international production at a press conference held in Cannes.
Present at the conference were Indian superstar Hrithik Roshan, Mexican actress Barbara Mori, director Anurag Basu and writer, producer Rakesh Roshan. The cast and crew unveiled a teaser trailer and some key art posters of KITES (www.kites-thefilm.com). This will be followed by a cocktail reception hosted by BIG Pictures, today evening for KITES cast, crew, international buyers and distributors.
Sunir Kheterpal, Chief Operating Officer, BIG Pictures, says, “KITES brings together India’s premier production house (Filmkraft and Producer Rakesh Roshan), Top Acting Talent from India (Hrithik Roshan) and Mexico (Barbara Mori), International Crew and India’s most well known name in the global filmed entertainment business (BIG Pictures). We are extremely proud to be associated with Filmkraft for marketing and distributing KITES and have put together a diverse team with relevant international experience to take the Film to the widest possible international audiences. Cannes 2009 is the beginning of this exciting journey”.
Producer Rakesh Roshan adds, “Filmkraft is India’s most, forward looking film production house. With each of our film we have tired to push the envelope with path breaking technique, story telling and novel presentation. A film like KITES has never been attempted in India before. This is our attempt to tap the mainstream international audience and we are hopeful that with an able partner like BIG Pictures, we will be able to meet this objective”
Director Anurag Basu says, “I am glad Rakesh Roshan and Hritik Roshan entrusted me with an opportunity to direct KITES. It has been an enriching experience to shoot the film with an international team across world cites. I am happy that KITES is getting such great exposure at Cannes Film Festival, the world’s biggest film market.”
Actor Hrithik Roshan says, “KITES is a story of love that goes beyond barriers, boundaries and cultures. With an internationally renowned crew and crisp story telling we have attempted to create a film which we feel has a scope to reach wider world audience and set new benchmarks.”
Actress Barbara Mori says, “KITES is my first international experience of working in a film with Indian cast and I must say it has been extremely overwhelming. I have cherished every moment of being a part of this film…it’s been like being part of a family. I am glad KITES is being marketed at the Cannes film festival and looking forward to the response the film gets.”
KITES is being marketed extensively across international platforms. BIG Pictures is leaving no stone unturned in promoting the film at the Cannes Film Festival. The cast and crew of the film will be present during all activities related to KITES at the Cannes Film Festival.
KITES also stars Kangana Ranaut, Nick Brown and Kabir Bedi in pivotal roles. Two versions of the film are being readied for release in the last quarter of 2009. In the international markets, KITES will release in the English language version where as in India, the film will release in the Hindi version, which has been shot simultaneously. -Sampurn Media
- 'Kites' grosses Rs.65 crore worldwide in opening weekend - May 24, 2010
- Hrithik unveils the first look of 'Kites' at Cannes - May 15, 2009
- 'Kites' opens with 10,000 shows across Indian theatres - May 22, 2010
- 'Kites' to have US, British premiere - May 13, 2010
- Hrithik Roshan's Kites to be showcased at Cannes - May 09, 2009
- 'Kites' grosses over Rs.21 crore on opening day - May 22, 2010
- 'Kites' a step to make Indian films global: Anurag Basu (Interview) - May 14, 2010
- Security breach in Noida upsets Hrithik - May 23, 2010
- Hrithik Roshan- Barbara Mori's 'Kites' set to take the world stage - Nov 19, 2009
- Barbara Mori in India to promote 'Kites' - Apr 19, 2010
- Hrithik, Barbara and Rakesh Roshan walk the red carpet and attend cocktail reception at Cannes - May 18, 2009
- WHEN RAKESH ROSHAN CALLED ME TO HIS OFFICE, I ACTUALLY THOUGHT THAT HE WANTED ME JUST AS A SCRIPT WRITER AND DID NOT EVEN DREAM THAT HE WANTED ME TO DIRECT HIS FILM -- Anurag Basu - May 14, 2010
- 'Kites' gets ready to fly high (IANS Preview) - May 17, 2010
- And now Hrithik-Barbara starrer 'Kites' in Spanish - Apr 28, 2010
- 'Kaho Naa...' to 'Kites': Hrithik reminisces in the US (With Images) - May 16, 2010
Tags: art posters, barbara mori, big pictures, cannes film festival, cocktail reception, filmkraft, hrithik roshan, hritik, international audience, international audiences, international crew, international experience, kites, mexican actress, novel presentation, premier production, rakesh roshan, story telling, teaser trailer, tent pole